• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Any music player app can do both autoeq data and adaptive sound?

taburiss

Hello guys! I am looking for an android music player app can write in autoeq data and adaptive sound?

Recently, I move to xiaomi phone and find a function is called sound adjustment come with system, which play some beep voice for testing your hearing lose, and eq for indivIdual ear, which work really really good on my tws.

And on my DAC, I use autoeq's data on neutron, which is unable eq for individual ear, also I don't know how to adjust on autoeq's data.....

So, is there any app can do both, or I can solve it with two independent app? thank a lot

GaryH

Major Contributor
I wouldn't bother with adjusting each ear for hearing loss unless this loss is significant, as the brain is already used to hearing environmental sound with your particular ear (im)balance.

As for AutoEQ on Neutron, you should be able to adjust it under Settings >Playback >DSP Effect >Frequency Response Correction >tap and hold your headphone's EQ >uncheck 'Lock' >click 'Edit'.

Instead of AutoEQ though I'd recommend Oratory1990's EQ profiles (if he's measured your headphone model). You'll have to enter them in manually in Neutron by going to Settings >Playback >Equalizer Presets and clicking the '+' icon. But unlike AutoEQ oratory actually listens to the headphones when creating the EQ to fine-tune the filters, and specifically includes some filters that you can easily and intuitively adjust to taste, which he describes at the bottom-right of his EQ profile pdfs.

By the way I've just noticed that the 'Equalized' line on AutoEQ's graphs doesn't actually show the real effect of the EQ, but instead an idealized EQed response. @jaakkopasanen can you please fix this so the actual post-EQ response is shown on the graphs so we can easily see exactly what the real response we'll be hearing is once the EQ is applied?

Last edited:
Top Bottom