• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Any motorcyclists on this forum?

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Just remember, if it's got tit's or wheels, it's bound to give you trouble. :p

MakeMineVinyl

Major Contributor
I sold this bike about 8 years ago but I do miss it. Kawasaki Nomad with custom paint and a bunch of chrome bolt-ons.

Nomad at Warner Bros .jpg

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I sold this bike about 8 years ago but I do miss it.
Nothing can fill that whole in your gut for a true biker.
Put another one in your garage.
As life's toys go, those are cheap.

steve59

Major Contributor
That was one thing about harleys, easy to work on and even my 120/120 build was easy on tires compared to these modern v-twins. 4 to 6000 on a set of tires on the 1290 sdr.

westyjeff

Let’s go!

Attachments

• E5D4EF2C-9AE9-474E-A5D1-705ED6E5D740.jpeg
    E5D4EF2C-9AE9-474E-A5D1-705ED6E5D740.jpeg
    533.7 KB · Views: 92

Chr1

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Here are my scooters from the past. In the order of when I owned them. They are all in the correct colors and model years as in the same as what I owned.
Honda 90
Yellow68ct90.png

Honda MR175
w88-l-side-1538063679446@2x.jpg
mLAoaf8jSSUY0ydt6jsTfmUygyDRouS3TaPyGNsHOtzIbJPlBpcB0QuZ2gnJcGRzM7DeaX0Y8Lt9slFQjgFrofyQZV8nLlPjp-_A2CjpZDYys7WzsCkWgNOXN6ZnZ0aTecc

Suzuki RM 125
1980_Suzuki_RM125.jpg

Can Am Qualifier 250
0100e294daa195d5959986a414ceb960.jpg

Suzuki PE400
cda0d0a4cf49fb2a696243d32bc6796a.jpg

Suzuki GS400E
GS400E.JPG

Kawasaki GPZ550
Kawasaki%20GPz%20550%20%2084.jpg
Nice one. Had a few dirt bikes over the years. Honda XL125, Yamaha XT550, Honda XL600R.

Recently sold my old Suzuki Katana 1100 SZ (with the Mikuni slides from the 1000... v rare) to a friend for a stupid price...
However, he is an aircraft mechanic so will restore it properly
...(and the cheap price was on condition of an occasional ride. All good!)

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Nice one. Had a few dirt bikes over the years. Honda XL125, Yamaha XT550, Honda XL600R.

Recently sold my old Suzuki Katana 1100 SZ (with the Mikuni slides from the 1000... v rare) to a friend for a stupid price...
However, he is an aircraft mechanic so will restore it properly
...(and the cheap price was on condition of an occasional ride. All good!)
I always wanted a XL600 or a similar 650. It's nice to be able to take it out on the highway and then off road. There are many places in Western Canada for riding off road without running into fences or gates.

The original Katana! I worked at a motorcycle dealership as a teen gopher/laborer when it was new sitting on the showroom floor and we loved that bike. Very very cool bike in the day. Hence I bought the candy apple red Suzuki you see in that picture. I was a happy camper about that. :D

Chr1

Forum Donor
I always wanted a XL600 or a similar 650. It's nice to be able to take it out on the highway and then off road. There are many places in Western Canada for riding off road without running into fences or gates.

The original Katana! I worked at a motorcycle dealership as a teen gopher/laborer when it was new sitting on the showroom floor and we loved that bike. Very very cool bike in the day. Hence I bought the candy apple red Suzuki you see in that picture. I was a happy camper about that. :D
The Katana will definitely be the bike that I wil most likely regret selling but decided that the bike was more important than my ownership of it. I could enjoy more modern bikes and was lucky to have survived our time together.

Kinda like (some) women then.

Chr1

Forum Donor
Re:Katana

Too much power, too little brakes.

Again, the bike / female analogy comes to mind. Oops.
Ahem

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Too much power, too little brakes.
That's what makes them challenging to ride. o_O
You learn the lost art of timed downshifting, delicate clutch control, and not riding over your head.
Or else. LOL

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
That's what makes them challenging to ride. o_O
You learn the lost art of timed downshifting, delicate clutch control, and not riding over your head.
Or else. LOL
I think all riders should get some dirt riding experience. Sliding, wheelying, jumping etc are all skills that make riding safer and a better rider.

Forum Donor
My last bike was a daily commuter, country roads come rain or shine 30k of riding, Suzuki gsx450 (or 650? can't remember now.) until I was T-boned by a black cow late one night [cow very dead]. I hung up my gloves then after a year and half recovery, but every now and then I get the urge. I do like the look of the 'new' Royal Enfield Himalaya. Maybe one day :)

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I do like the look of the 'new' Royal Enfield Himalaya. Maybe one day
You know the old saw about getting back on the horse and all that.
Your decision. ;)

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
My last bike was a daily commuter, country roads come rain or shine 30k of riding, Suzuki gsx450 (or 650? can't remember now.) until I was T-boned by a black cow late one night [cow very dead]. I hung up my gloves then after a year and half recovery, but every now and then I get the urge. I do like the look of the 'new' Royal Enfield Himalaya. Maybe one day :)
I killed a dog when it chased me and jumped into the front spokes. I went over the bars and got road rash. Lucky. I've been very lucky with motorcycles.

What is it about the Royal Enfield Himalaya that you like?

It does have a good warranty. I like good warranties.

"The Himlayan is covered by Royal Enfield’s two-year, unlimited-mileage warranty."

Last edited:

Forum Donor
II killed a dog when it chased me and jumped into the front spokes. I went over the bars and got road rash. Lucky. I've been very lucky with motorcycles.

What is it about the Royal Enfield Himalaya that you like?

It does have a good warranty. I like good warranties.

"The Himlayan is covered by Royal Enfield’s two-year, unlimited-mileage warranty."
Ready for off bitumen travel. I'd rather be on the 'road less travelled'. I think the bike's too small for in reality. But yeah, I thought it was a bit of an cheaper alternative to BMW 'Round the world' R1150GS bike. I understand that the latest version is more reliable than the first lot they unleashed. Saw them in the flesh at the Phillip Island superbikes pavillion (that bike generated plenty of interest even though it was the antitheses of superbikes) . New they're about $9000 AUD. It also looks like I'd be able to do roadside repairs If I needed to. This was an interesting channel to watch.
Himalayan.jpg

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Ready for off bitumen travel. I'd rather be on the 'road less travelled'. I think the bike's too small for in reality. But yeah, I thought it was a bit of an cheaper alternative to BMW 'Round the world' R1150GS bike. I understand that the latest version is more reliable than the first lot they unleashed. Saw them in the flesh at the Phillip Island superbikes pavillion (that bike generated plenty of interest even though it was the antitheses of superbikes) . New they're about $9000 AUD. It also looks like I'd be able to do roadside repairs If I needed to. This was an interesting channel to watch.
View attachment 167041
Wowow. After 60K km she must be very intimate with that motorcycle. The drone camera angles where a very nice touch. if she can do we can do it! :D

Bob from Florida

Major Contributor
View attachment 167041
Looks like she had quite the adventure! A friend bought a Himalayan a couple of years ago and we swapped bikes for about 20 miles in the mountains of North Georgia. Light and nimble - no power and the brakes were not impressive. The mild throttle response could be good but the brakes need improvement. Obviously it can do the job. Before I bought my 2005 R1150 GSA in 2010 I did test ride a KLR 650 and liked it a lot. The GSA walked all over it as a road motorcycle, but if I were actually going off-road the KLR would get that nod in a heartbeat. The new KLR is fuel injected and as long as you are tall enough to get your leg over it.....

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I did test ride a KLR 650 and liked it a lot. The GSA walked all over it as a road motorcycle, but if I were actually going off-road the KLR would get that nod in a heartbeat. The new KLR is fuel injected and as long as you are tall enough to get your leg over it.....
Great ride. The 2022 KLR650 ADVENTURE looks primO.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Very fixable should the need arise while on that remote advenrure.
Yes, and they fixed the front forks issues, fixed the "doomahiky MOD" and added crash bars with additional lights which means they upped the amperage on the generator. All improvements that needed attention. Put a big bore kit in it, a low restriction muffler and voila... wheelies. :D

Top Bottom