• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Any lovers of ambient?

pozz

Data Ordinator
Forum Donor
Editor
My hand goes up.

I'm not sure what to share. I think maybe this: (2009) In the Field.

I love the liner notes:
Some composed & produced by Thomas Shrubsole, some by the environment & nature. Recorded by Thomas.

This album was recorded out of doors in the open air during the last week of July and the first two weeks of August. Each track was recorded in one take with no overdubs. All instruments and sound generators were transported by bicycle in a backpack.

franspambot

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Yeah, I dive deep into ambient music a few times a year. Here is a mix I made a bit ago with some good modern stuff: https://soundcloud.com/franspambot%2Fambient-mix
I'll put up the set list in the morning, but if you like a good range of ambient music by the likes of Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith, Jefre Cantu-Ledesma, Sarah Davanchi, Pointe du lac, even Nils Frahm--cause why not--you may like this. A bit of everything: buchla gurgles, post ECM, acoustic, euro pop, walls of sound, dark and moody, etc, etc. This will give your stereo a workout!

Last edited:
I love the Skyrim soundtrack, especially the track on Disc IV:

OP
pads

pads

Thread Starter #6
It's an immense rabbit hole and what I love is that it knows no cultural boundaries, here's one from Greece.

Helicopter

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I love Music for Airports, and the tunnel in Chicago where it is continually blasting. The ambient lofi Burzum is awesome too, like Filosofem.

I am a regular listener of the Planet Ambi radio. Free 320 kbps stream 24/7. Known and less known producers. There's a .pls download on their page to import in your player.