• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Amplifiers with room correction: worth the cost or just a useless tech?

krabapple

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
What has you 'not convinced' about the audio quality of the Fosi amp (which Amir gave a rating of 'recommended' in his test)

And what makes you think the amp of the Marantz will sound any different, much less better?

Is there something about the speakers you are driving, or the volume level you expect to reach, that makes you think this?

And neither of these devices offers room correction, so...?

OP
M

marX

What has you 'not convinced' about the audio quality of the Fosi amp (which Amir gave a rating of 'recommended' in his test)

And what makes you think the amp of the Marantz will sound any different, much less better?

Is there something about the speakers you are driving, or the volume level you expect to reach, that makes you think this?

And neither of these devices offers room correction, so...?
I'm not a big fan of some manufacturers but since I got a very nice deal, I went ahead with the purchase.
That's why I'm a bit cautious!

Regarding Marantz, it is a well-known brand and that particular model is 'awarded' a lot and is cheap.
Another positive is that its got a sub-out. So, at night, I can turn the sub off while listening.

Both don't have room correction as I would be using my PC for the room correction system for now. Later, I plan to get a miniDSP or similar system to do that.

OP
M

marX

So, it's clear that I need at least one sub for the bass content. But, how do I integrate it? Also, which sub (£400 max budget)?

My chain is this Laptop>Topping Nx4>Fosi Audio V3>Revel M16.

Use line level inputs to the sub?

Regarding the sub buying, which model to get?
Since I'm in the UK currently, there is a local brand called BK Electronics.

Here's a model I was looking at (dual 10" woofers with 300W amp).

Any other options to look out for?

OP
M

marX

Should I go for the BK Electronics sub? What do you guys think?
Or the convenience of the SVS is more valuable (with their app and all)?

OP
M

marX

So, I got a deal for the SVS PB 1000 for £449. Should I go for it?

OP
M

marX

So, I went to the shop and it was quite a bit bigger than I thought. So, I bought the SB 1000 Pro instead.

Hope it works out!

Btw, with Raspberry Pi and Camilla DSP, can use it as as media player as well?
I mean, after doing REW, export the eq and use it in like a volumio plugin to stream using Spotify?
Would it work?

Top Bottom