• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Amp for Revel F226be

jtothea

F226be owners - what amp do you use with your Revel’s? How do you like it? Did you try other amps with or without success?

tifune

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I use a M6s PRX, but because I got it at steep discount. Were I to buy something today, it'd likely be Purifi or nCore depending on use case (2ch vs multi) and budget.

Sparkles

F226be owners - what amp do you use with your Revel’s? How do you like it? Did you try other amps with or without success?
NAD C298 power amp + NAD C658 streamer pre-amp. Loved the amps with my previous B&Ws and remain very happy with them. Full range Dirac really only needed to deal with bass and mid-bass for my room. The Revel retailer demonstrated the F226Bes using the same NAD amps even though they had much pricier amps around. The retailer uses these amps as the default setup for their mid tier bookshelf speaker demonstrations even though they don't sell NAD.

Ollie99021

I am using a benchmark dac3-l & AHB2 amplifier - sounds great to me. I used REW to create convolution filters and rephase to align phase and time. I am also using x2 Rythmik E15s to support the bottom end. I am very pleased with this setup. Very generalist in how it plays everything I throw at it very well.

Top Bottom