• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Am I hurting sound quality a lot by placing my speakers like this in the corner ?

Axo1989

Major Contributor
Good that the experiment was useful. I liked the original corner-oriented placement but as many here suggested the speakers were likely to close to each other for a good stereo image reproduction. I didn't think of it before but the obvious solution was a much bigger TV—one of those 88" 8K models obviously—to force wider spacing but still look logical. :)

Jokes aside, I've been interested in the corner orientation ever since seeing this great drawing (maybe posted here a while back, maybe Arstechnica but thanks to whoever found it):

1960 - Room Layout.jpg

OP
S

Seany

Also I was thinking of toe-in the speakers just a little bit towards the brown chair but wouldn't this reduce the sound quality for people siting on the couch though ? and when I mean sitting on the couch I mean at the furthest position by the end table.

See latest pic on my post #39 for ref

Galliardist

Major Contributor
Also I was thinking of toe-in the speakers just a little bit towards the brown chair but wouldn't this reduce the sound quality for people siting on the couch though ? and when I mean sitting on the couch I mean at the furthest position by the end table.

See latest pic on my post #39 for ref
I'd negotiate with the cats on swapping round the sofa and the chair. At least when people are going to sit on the couch to watch TV.

Top Bottom