• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Alternative to the Meizu HiFi Pro

formdissolve

Forum Donor
Meizu HiFi and Meizu HiFi Pro got discontinued and replaced by the mblu HiFi and lifeme HiFi Pro, which use the CX31993 in favor of the CS43131. They measure about as well as the Apple dongles. Not as well as the Meizus.

Here's the power consumption for a bunch of dongles.
View attachment 280699

On Android, you can remove that limit like so.
Wow, thanks for the info on removing volume limit. I've been meaning to buy UAAP, but didn't realize it removed the volume limit for other apps as well. I listen to mixcloud and soundcloud apps a lot, so I will buy the UAAP app and try it out.

formdissolve

Forum Donor
Wow, thanks for the info on removing volume limit. I've been meaning to buy UAAP, but didn't realize it removed the volume limit for other apps as well. I listen to mixcloud and soundcloud apps a lot, so I will buy the UAAP app and try it out.
Well, I routed it through UAAP and opened Qobuz app and also tried Mixcloud and audio is very choppy, so some settings are out of whack. I'll have to dig around with it later.

formdissolve

Forum Donor
Couldn't get the UAAP trick to work with either the Apple dongle or the Helm Bolt with Android 12 on my Pixel 6.

The volume was also super quiet on the Bolt, just like the Apple dongle.. but thankfully Helm released a firmware update that fixed that so I now have full volume from the Bolt for all apps.

I'll have to gauge how much battery it uses compared to the S9 Pro after I use it for a couple weeks

Lbstyling

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
JCally JM20
MBQuart MB21P
aAkLIAM PD6
This noname one
Are there any independent measurements of these?

Am also looking at the Abigail pro, but have the same issue.

Replacing a sonata HDii, but cannot get another as it is never in stock.

It seams no equivalent in size, power, SQ and price exists.

staticV3

Master Contributor
Are there any independent measurements of these?
You can find 1kHz SINAD and THD+N vs Output Power at 32Ω for the JCally and MBQuart here (the power sweep is a few posts below): https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...ed-to-cirrus-logic-cs43131.23138/post-1720255

If you're interested in any other measurements, feel free to tell me and I'll make some.

Edit: there's also a full APx555 measurement review of the MB21P here

Lbstyling

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
You can find 1kHz SINAD and THD+N vs Output Power at 32Ω for the JCally and MBQuart here (the power sweep is a few posts below): https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...ed-to-cirrus-logic-cs43131.23138/post-1720255

If you're interested in any other measurements, feel free to tell me and I'll make some.

Edit: there's also a full APx555 measurement review of the MB21P here
I just bought the jcally JM40.

No idea if this was a good idea on the Sinad or power front, but I was getting fed up with going around in circles.

Should I cancel the order?

Top Bottom