• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Alternative to SoundSource

strom

SoundSource Amoeba support e-mailed me and said they only support stereo and don't support multi-channel set-ups. I like SoundSource because they have the Harman curve set-up for my headphones, but otherwise I feel hamstrung. Can anyone suggest an alternative that contains headphone EQ and also supports multi-channel set-ups for Mac users?

OP
S

strom

It seems that the gold standard for WINDOWS is HeSuVi plus Equalizer APO. I'm looking for MAC equivalents. I have TDR NOVA (the free version), and there is also a pay version called TDR NOVA GE. Is TDR NOVA the equivalent of Equalizer APO? What I liked about SoundSource is that it had the Harman Curve set-up for my headphones. I tried doing the same set-up with TDR NOVA and it wasn't quite the same.

I'm also looking for a MAC equivalent of HeSuVi.

I am not looking for any hardware.

OP
S

strom

I have SoundSource. This is what appeared for Audio channel handling:

SupportSoundSource
Instructions for: AirfoilAudio HijackFarragoFissionLoopbackPiezoSoundSource
Audio channel handling in SoundSource​

Generally speaking, Rogue Amoeba’s applications use stereo audio pipelines, rather than multi-channel audio formats such as 5.1 surround sound or Dolby Atmos.
SoundSource will apply volume adjustments and effects to audio being played to the default stereo channels of the Mac’s default audio output device. Audio sent by an application to upper output channels is not captured or adjusted by SoundSource.
To play your Mac's audio to alternate channels of multi-channel output devices, use Audio MIDI Setup, which you can access via the Options (Gear) menu in SoundSource, in theSystem section.

Using the Audio Devices window in Audio MIDI Setup, select your output device, then click the Configure Speakers button. Adjust the Left and Right Channel pop-up menus to select the desired channels.

What I would like to know is if I can download a multi-channel source and put in in my Audio MIDI Setup on my Mac, and play it through SoundSource without it turning into stereo. Keep in mind that I am technologically challenged.

Top Bottom