• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

aiyima A09 review by anyone??? can't find info on it at all

guily6669

My review of the A09:
(tl;dr don't buy it)

For the price, the overall sound quality is better than I expected, but this unit is not usable due to some major design issues.

1) The pre-amp LFE (subwoofer) output is not controlled by the main volume knob, so the amount of bass is never consistent with the overall volume; it's just a fixed amount of bass even if the volume knob is at zero. This is absurd and disqualifying on its own.

2) The amount of bass output is so strong I had to set my subwoofer gain below 5%.

3) Even though there is a port for subwoofer in, the actual signal going to the subwoofer is just pulled from the other channels; the subwoofer input seems to be a dummy port, and when it is connected in isolation, no sound goes to the subwoofer.

4) When there is no sound output, even when all input lines are disconnected, a scratchy digital static noise is transmitted to all the speakers, making it awful to leave in standby.

5) It cannot decode DTS or Dolby Digital signals via the fibre optic connection (only standard 2.0), making the optical port practically useless on a product branded to support 5.1, so I had to use RCA cables, and the result was still not true 5.1 for the reasons above.

I am using this Aiyima product with the Klipsch Reference Theater Pack 5.1 Surround Sound System. I bought it because of its small size, hoping it would be good enough, but now I have to go buy a proper name-brand product. This was a waste of money, and I can't imagine it working for any home application.

I did reach out to Customer Service, which was not helpful. Marion asked me to make a video of the problem before they could provide advice, even though I provided detailed information. When I have time, I told them I would create a YouTube review.
I'm also very interested in the Klipsch home theater pack speakers and I'm very interested in this amp, are you 100% sure you have it setup properly?

In the PC for me to have LFE properly working on any kind of receiver with 5.1\7.1 analog inputs I have to go into my soundcard and set "Enable Bass Redirection" or else the Subwoofer volume does nothing and in fact the subwoofer output from the soundcard outputs nothing without that option enabled.

Captura de Ecrã (120).png

Also the subwoofer knob in the front doesn't allow to control the Subwoofer volume???

I'm very interested in this Aiyima A09 or this: https://brzhifiaudiobd.com/products/model-nopad-pm-02/

ps: I have a 7.1 receiver but can't fit it in my gaming setup and not a single receiver I ever seen fits here so I'm very interested in this small size 5.1 analog amps, but it sucks that there's no info about them anywhere and also it sucks is that there's no LFE option for it which currently I have a mix of different speakers and my receiver allow to customize the LFE frequency per each pair of speakers so the bigger tower speakers can have more bass and the others less and below what I set all goes to the subwoofer, however with the klipsch pack since they are very similar it wouldn't be a big problem as I can set for all in the software of my soundcard...

Last edited:
OP
N

Nwickliff

I'm also very interested in the Klipsch home theater pack speakers and I'm very interested in this amp, are you 100% sure you have it setup properly?

In the PC for me to have LFE properly working on any kind of receiver with 5.1\7.1 analog inputs I have to go into my soundcard and set "Enable Bass Redirection" or else the Subwoofer volume does nothing and in fact the subwoofer output from the soundcard outputs nothing without that option enabled.

View attachment 283318

Also the subwoofer knob in the front doesn't allow to control the Subwoofer volume???

I'm very interested in this Aiyima A09 or this: https://brzhifiaudiobd.com/products/model-nopad-pm-02/

ps: I have a 7.1 receiver but can't fit it in my gaming setup and not a single receiver I ever seen fits here so I'm very interested in this small size 5.1 analog amps, but it sucks that there's no info about them anywhere and also it sucks is that there's no LFE option for it which currently I have a mix of different speakers and my receiver allow to customize the LFE frequency per each pair of speakers so the bigger tower speakers can have more bass and the others less and below what I set all goes to the subwoofer, however with the klipsch pack since they are very similar it wouldn't be a big problem as I can set for all in the software of my soundcard...
Nothing much out there that’s worth it. Just get a long hdmi cable and put it wherever you can.

guily6669

Nothing much out there that’s worth it. Just get a long hdmi cable and put it wherever you can.
Still I want all the controls in front of me, I don't want to use remote control... Currently I still have Logitech Z5500 digital and I have the controller pod just in front of me on top of my screen and I'm constantly adjusting volume and messing with subwoofer volume so that at night I can have decent volume without any kind of kick.

If I would use a receiver would have to put it on the other side of my room which is not a option, I mean I would have to have 3x 3.5mm cables across the room to the PC + all speaker cables and I could not see anything of whatever I'm doing with the remote control, sucks (For playing games I always adjust to the same volume bars on my screen instead of blindly guess volume with the IR)...

I will eventually buy the Klipsch home theater pack speakers and will temporarily use them on my Z5500 amp, but I have to prepare my self for the future cause I have them since 2005 with many thousands upon thousands of hours of use and some day will go puff and not a single receiver fits here :(

I know I can buy small stereo amps, but I'd rather get a 5.1 all-in one specially because I never adjust volume via software, I always leave my sound card at 70% and change the volume for the entire speakers on the Z5500 controller pod and the only thing I need to mess with is general volume and subwoofer volume, the others are constant calibrated not to mess with (I mean center and surround volume).

Is there any electronics engineer out there that could design me something to improve one of those chinese 5.1 amps?? I'd really kill to have something like the BRZhifi PM-02 but with a screen and the volume adjusted from the screen using a digital encoder wheel without the use of pots and having the treble\mid\bass control for all speakers, the subwoofer volume increasing constantly with the general volume control and LFE adjustment per each pair of speakers, could something like that be done with like a arduino or something else somehow??

They claim to use 3x tpa3116 Power IC's

It's guts are supposed to be like this:
100w-50w-5-som-surround-amplificador-de-pot-ncia-digital-5-1-canais-subwoofer-coaxial-optar.jpg_Q90.jpg_.webp

Last edited:
OP
N

Nwickliff

Have you tried the razor Man O’War 7.1 headphones? I know it’s not the direction you want to go but there’s a reason pros use headphones. I think it’s much easier to pinpoint sounds and you get to crank it up as loud as you want. I have a pair and used to b use them when gaming. Eventually I got rid of my games on my PC and then moved to Mac. Bought a ps5 and have proper surround with that. I only play grand turismo and Pavlov though (headphones for Pavlov).

What games are you playing?

guily6669

I don't like any kind of virtual 5.1\7.1, it's all fake playing with volumes, adding echoes and reverbs...

I do have 1 real 5.1 and 1 real 7.1 headphones and they actually work amazing in terms of direction but they are UGLY in terms of sound quality that I only used them a couple times and the 7.1 from Razer I already had 2 and they were all defective.

I already have a nice headset (Steelseries Siberia V2) but don't use them, I only use the mic which is actually one of the best for a headset...

I mostly play realistic simulators type of FPS like Squad, Post Scriptum.... And they have an incredible VOIP. The local voip with the Logitech Z5500 feels really like talking with people in real life, no matter where the voice comes from it has no added coloration, just comes from the proper location the person is located, same for people firing, the same gun at same distance on same terrain sounds 100% the same no matter where it's being fired from, it only changes the location where the sound comes from contrary to virtual surround which tends to mute a bit more the rear, add echoes, delays, reverbs to fake localization but it's nothing like the real true surround coming from same exact 5 speakers all around with 0 coloration (the only coloration happens due to terrain differences not by being in front, side or rear...).

Now my system is all ruined because my Logitech Z5500 speakers the rubber is screwed and I bought some garbage Auna Linie300 speakers which sound super bad, they are very muted, barely can understand what people say and they are all mismatch in terms of sound quality, but buying the Klipsch Reference Theater pack would fix that, however the Z5500 amp is not full range so it would never take full advantage of such speakers.

A lot of people say the Z5500 are bad, but for me it have always been amazing, just need small tweaks to sound amazing for gaming and still fine for music, just need a good soundcard, do not use digital inputs, tweak a bit the highs and lows with equalizer, set bass redirection and crossover to like 80hz will make a little bit less bleed to the subwoofer. In Post Scriptum really sounded like I was in the middle of a war in real life and like Dirt Rally the first sounded like I was on live rally at loud volumes, now with the Auna speakers feels like I'm in the middle of the war hidden in the sewers LOL :facepalm:

EDIT: Forgot to say don't buy Auna Speakers, they are a scam, or at least linie 300 are, the subwoofer only makes air noise from the crap badly design bass port, the speakers I tried even on a Stereo 80's Technics Class A and other receiver and sound bad almost the same as in the Z5500 amp, the center speaker came with a dead tweeter and Auna didn't reply neither to me or paypal and their watt rating is complete BS, they claim high wattage and inside the woofer has a sticker with the wattage which is like 1/4 or something like that from what's advertised, the tweeter I remember it's 3W...

Last edited:
OP
N

Nwickliff

I don't like any kind of virtual 5.1\7.1, it's all fake playing with volumes, adding echoes and reverbs...

I do have 1 real 5.1 and 1 real 7.1 headphones and they actually work amazing in terms of direction but they are UGLY in terms of sound quality that I only used them a couple times and the 7.1 from Razer I already had 2 and they were all defective.

I already have a nice headset (Steelseries Siberia V2) but don't use them, I only use the mic which is actually one of the best for a headset...

I mostly play realistic simulators type of FPS like Squad, Post Scriptum.... And they have an incredible VOIP. The local voip with the Logitech Z5500 feels really like talking with people in real life, no matter where the voice comes from it has no added coloration, just comes from the proper location the person is located, same for people firing, the same gun at same distance on same terrain sounds 100% the same no matter where it's being fired from, it only changes the location where the sound comes from contrary to virtual surround which tends to mute a bit more the rear, add echoes, delays, reverbs to fake localization but it's nothing like the real true surround coming from same exact 5 speakers all around with 0 coloration (the only coloration happens due to terrain differences not by being in front, side or rear...).

Now my system is all ruined because my Logitech Z5500 speakers the rubber is screwed and I bought some garbage Auna Linie300 speakers which sound super bad, they are very muted, barely can understand what people say and they are all mismatch in terms of sound quality, but buying the Klipsch Reference Theater pack would fix that, however the Z5500 amp is not full range so it would never take full advantage of such speakers.

A lot of people say the Z5500 are bad, but for me it have always been amazing, just need small tweaks to sound amazing for gaming and still fine for music, just need a good soundcard, do not use digital inputs, tweak a bit the highs and lows with equalizer, set bass redirection and crossover to like 80hz will make a little bit less bleed to the subwoofer. In Post Scriptum really sounded like I was in the middle of a war in real life and like Dirt Rally the first sounded like I was on live rally at loud volumes, now with the Auna speakers feels like I'm in the middle of the war hidden in the sewers LOL :facepalm:

EDIT: Forgot to say don't buy Auna Speakers, they are a scam, or at least linie 300 are, the subwoofer only makes air noise from the crap badly design bass port, the speakers I tried even on a Stereo 80's Technics Class A and other receiver and sound bad almost the same as in the Z5500 amp, the center speaker came with a dead tweeter and Auna didn't reply neither to me or paypal and their watt rating is complete BS, they claim high wattage and inside the woofer has a sticker with the wattage which is like 1/4 or something like that from what's advertised, the tweeter I remember it's 3W...
Got it and get it. I play grand Turismo in VR on ps5 with 5.2.2 setup and Love it vs using headphones. Don't know what your budget it but what if you just went with an entirely active setup. Active monitors for everything. I know you said you'd rather not use the digital controls but I don't quite unerstand as long as you have a pod or (i have roller on my keyboard to control audio) this shouldn't be an issue. Just turn the sub down for late night gaming and you're all set. You do have to run power to all the speakers which is an extra cable but you can't get better sound than a full setup of Kali LP6 or some used JBL LSR5's which are even smaller.

guily6669

Sadly is not a option either because for 5.1 would need a mess of volume knobs and all that kind of stuff and equalize the volume between center, front and rear on each pair of active speakers :(.

Also I love digital controls like for volume, just not use digital sound cause that would defeat the purpose of having a good soundcard to not use it :(...

It's sad nobody seems to make just a good cheap 5.1 tiny amp with analog inputs with a small screen to adjust stuff :confused:

OP
N

Nwickliff

Sadly is not a option either because for 5.1 would need a mess of volume knobs and all that kind of stuff and equalize the volume between center, front and rear on each pair of active speakers :(.

Also I love digital controls like for volume, just not use digital sound cause that would defeat the purpose of having a good soundcard to not use it :(...

It's sad nobody seems to make just a good cheap 5.1 tiny amp with analog inputs with a small screen to adjust stuff :confused:
I don't quite understand what you are saying. You wouldn't mess with the volume knobs on the speakers. Set them to unity and be done with it basically, or set them once with db reader at the desk position and tune and they would be set.

Don't know what you're saying about digital sound. At some point your digital sound from the computer becomes analog before it's sent to the speakers. How would you not be using your sound card?

Analog out from the sound card to the analog input to the active speakers. Balance everything once at from the desk and set levels and then you are done.

I must be missing something.

guily6669

Like I said previously I never adjust volume via software, it's set to 70% volume for years and on my setup I just adjust volume for all 5.1 speakers in 1 infinite rotating wheel from the Z5500 controller POD.

having many active speakers I would have to leave them at a loud position, go set by set constantly adjusting to try leveling them up for 5.1 and then I would have to always use software volume from windows software which sucks + 3x big 3.5mm cables all over the place and 3 power socket plugs, not really good.

About the digital I mean using digital sources like optical, HDMI...

I'm really looking is for a all-in-one 5.1 small amp with analog inputs and full controls and specially something that wouldn't rely on normal pots for the adjustments cause my Technics class A amp pots are mostly all pretty bad and have nowhere near the use of the volume knob on my Z5500 knob which is something digital and increases the volume in bars in the LCD and it's probably a rotary encoding wheel inside or maybe even a infinite rotation magnetic pot, no idea but it just doesn't die or change quality like traditional pots and I use it every day since 2005 with many thousands of hours and I'm constantly adjusting volume and bass volume all day long :)

Top Bottom