• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Ahsoka: Star Wars on Disney+

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Yep and they will milk it for every cent they can.
1695123722431.jpeg

Sour milk, it is...

Last edited:

MRC01

Major Contributor
I attempted to watch episode 6, but 5 minutes in the acting and dialog was so bad I just couldn't watch it. I'm out.
I like Mando & Andor, but not ObiWan or this one.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I attempted to watch episode 6, but 5 minutes in the acting and dialog was so bad I just couldn't watch it. I'm out.
I like Mando & Andor, but not ObiWan or this one.
Well that means you missed the really really stupid parts. Ahsoka was not in anything after the first 3 minutes. It amazes me this show is written so stupidly.

CarbonMakerU

Forum Donor
It amazes me this show is written so stupidly.

This is right on par with their massively expensive non-blockbusters of late. WB's Barbie should be a lesson to them. Take a simple idea and LITFA. just the way their fans remember and loved it, give it a freash look and like magic, billions of dollars and a new generation of fans. Writing is about telling a story your fans want to hear and buy into, not continually pushing a narrative thinly veiled as "entertainment." With what happened to him, Luke should have signed on with the emperor.

Last edited:

CarbonMakerU

Forum Donor
And you think Barbie is a positive example of this?
I completely understand your point. Barbie however was an example of taking the simplest formula imaginable and making it an overwhelming financial success, all while not alienating 4 generations of loyal fans in doing so. Stand back and you might see the same messaging but two radically different results.

Last edited:

Anton D

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I may be the lucky one. I was never really moved by Star wars, so these subsequent series are fine by me. They do manage to move the canon along, if nothing else!:)

JLGF1

To be fair they did make some good ones. I liked The mando ss 1,2. Heard people like Andor too.
Andor was Shakespeare compared to Asshoka.

Bleib

Major Contributor
I’m glad I didn’t watch this yet..

Finally a normal length criticism video. Although I'm not sure it's worth the time anyway, of course SW doesn't grow up... it's made for mass-market

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

Bleib

Major Contributor
Looking at the viewership numbers, it isn’t working very well. Ashoka is doing decidedly bad.

Which isn't weird either. There's too much SW and there's so much of other stuff as well.
Andor is probably SW at its most adult on the TV, but it didn't have high viewership numbers either.

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
They could have ended this in the first episode if the bombs just exploded instead of counting down loudly first, giving her time to run away.
Watching this in fast forward only for the Thrawn-parts. I don't mind a strong female cast, but i hate that all of them are dumb and the only likeable charakter so far is the male villain (i mean Thrawn, not that lazy bearded guy).

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
They could have ended this in the first episode if the bombs just exploded instead of counting down loudly first, giving her time to run away.
Watching this in fast forward only for the Thrawn-parts. I don't mind a strong female cast, but i hate that all of them are dumb and the only likeable charakter so far is the male villain (i mean Thrawn, not that lazy bearded guy).
The first scene in the first episode......S...T...U...P...I...D. If they wanted to kill her why not just explode one robot without warning? Also why were they ready to kill her with a huge explosion that would have destroyed the precious map thing orb they so desperately needed to find Thrawn? It does not get any better after that opening scene.

MRC01

Major Contributor
What surprises me is that something with such poor writing got produced, and when produced with such poor acting and directing, got released. The process does have reviews & quality checks along the way, and those folks aren't stupid. And they spent a lot of money making it. So they must be targeting this to some other audience? I can't make sense of it.

Andor was Shakespeare compared to Asshoka.
Indeed.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
What surprises me is that something with such poor writing got produced, and when produced with such poor acting and directing, got released. The process does have reviews & quality checks along the way, and those folks aren't stupid. And they spent a lot of money making it. So they must be targeting this to some other audience? I can't make sense of it.

Indeed.
Yes they've extensively rewritten, sometimes reshot and in one case canceled movies and shows due to poor test audience results. What happened with Ashoka? The force is female vibe too strong?

Last edited:

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
those folks aren't stupid.
I don't know. I think these products are made by stupid people for stupid people, which is 95% of humanity, sadly. I they weren't stupid, they wouldn't waste their lifes with making this shit. They are probably smart enough to make a lot of money, though.
(I mean the people in charge, not everyone involved, just to be clear).

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't know. I think these products are made by stupid people for stupid people, which is 95% of humanity, sadly. I they weren't stupid, they wouldn't waste their lifes with making this shit.
I don’t think this kind of entertainment is by definition stupid, and I also doubt the average IQ of the people that like the original Star Wars is worse than the ones that don’t. Your logic just does not follow. As for the people making the current abominations? I must agree: they are stupid!
They are probably smart enough to make a lot of money, though.
The people writing this crap just dealt out the biggest raise of the industry… so yeah.. and those aren’t even the people in charge (though I’m sure they often feel like they are)
(I mean the people in charge, not everyone involved, just to be clear).
Disney is bleeding money left and right. No money is being made at the moment, especially not with these shows.

Top Bottom