• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Advice on system matching

bt3

Advice please for a budget system pairing.
Speakers are JBL Stage A 130's.
Thinking Topping PA3 and Topping pre/dac to match.
I can't decipher component specs so as to ascertain what would be
a good pairing. Appreciate your advice/suggestions.

Fred H

Forum Donor
I have the same speakers on my desk, driven by a Loxjie A30 and I'm happy with the combination.

jae

Major Contributor

dweeeeb2

Specs say sensitivity is 86 dB, plug in the rest of the info according to your listening distance/desired output and then you can consult this spreadsheet to find good measuring amplifiers: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZlTOYxmPs938gqHjtDABkWS-MApu7uJjzIGnJ2Elm6Y/

If you are using it in the near field probably any low-power amp will be adequate.
cannot like enough for that link. thanks
EDIT: in reference to the google spreadsheet

Last edited:

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

Specs say sensitivity is 86 dB, plug in the rest of the info according to your listening distance/desired output and then you can consult this spreadsheet to find good measuring amplifiers: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZlTOYxmPs938gqHjtDABkWS-MApu7uJjzIGnJ2Elm6Y/

If you are using it in the near field probably any low-power amp will be adequate.
I believe there is an error in that formula from Crown, and it is inflating power needed. The part that is 20 log times Distance/Dref should be 10 log.

Top Bottom