• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

basic components needed for 5.1.2 setup

ok so i have just started to build my very FIRST setup. i have chosen sony oled 77 inch till now. I need help with all other components. So, which make or model will you suggest . I am looking for a great build quality with high sensitivity (less power needed to drive then)
Front surround speaker pair
rear surround pair
center channel
subwoofer
dolby atmos upfiring speaker or actual in wall speaker?
AVR
Budget 3800 usd

Last edited:

Triliza

Forum Donor
You'll get more helpful recommendations if you disclose your total budget?

Triliza

Forum Donor
You should start with the AVR. The usual suspects is Denon X3800H, which was a little bit worse that the older model AVR-X3700H, so if you can find X3700H cheaper, consider buying it instead. Denon has cheaper models down the line (AVR-S970H), which should be fine for a 5.1.2 setup. What is the cheapest price you can find for any of them?

OP
H
i am confused in india some site is selling x3800h for 1.25lakhs some 1.40lkahs rupees. i have no clue from where to buy. also x3700h is costlier here than x3800h

OP
H
denon x3800h costing me 1.68 lakh rupees while x2800h 99000 rupees. is 3800h worth that money?

Triliza

Forum Donor
The x2800h does not offer any pre-outs for the LR speakers. Also I think it has only Audyssey XT, not XT32, I don't have any experience with either, don't know how important that is.

OP
H
i am very much new to this . what is LR speaker? and which brand would you suggest for front back center channel subwoofer and atmos speakers? as i am planning to buy full setup from 1 brand only. what will be the difference between normal front speaker pair when compared to tower speakers big one

Triliza

Forum Donor
i am very much new to this . what is LR speaker? and which brand would you suggest for front back center channel subwoofer and atmos speakers? as i am planning to buy full setup from 1 brand only. what will be the difference between normal front speaker pair when compared to tower speakers big one
I meant left and right front speakers. I'd suggest you look something from Elac, for fronts Elac DBR62 would be fine. They also have some low budget subwoofers. Have a look at Polk speakers also, they make also some decent tower speakers too, one was reviewed by Amir if I'm not mistaken. If you can find Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary on a sale, that's a good speaker also.

OP
H
I meant left and right front speakers. I'd suggest you look something from Elac, for fronts Elac DBR62 would be fine. They also have some low budget subwoofers. Have a look at Polk speakers also, they make also some decent tower speakers too, one was reviewed by Amir if I'm not mistaken. If you can find Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary on a sale, that's a good speaker also.
hi again finally my x4800h will arrive this week. i am happy finally. for now i am considering polk TL1600 AS TEMPORARY SPEAKERS AS I DONT HAVE BUDGET for buying all those separate stuff. will it be good with deep bass? also x4800h can blow up tl1600? seller is saying this

Top Bottom