• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Adum3160 vs Adum4160 vs Topping HS01. Which should I use?

Ashimaru

I have an audible noise problem from ground loop. I use Topping E30 and L30. The ground loop appears when plugging charger on my laptop.
I'm currently using Adum3160, it removes most of the noise, but I still hear noise at max volume of Topping the L30 at mid gain and high gain. When volume isn't at max it's fine, and at low gain it's fine too even at max volume. I hear the noise when music is not playing.
And I'm having severe stuttering issues when using WTFPlay via Adum3160. Tried changing the buffer size but that didn't work. Whereas on a regular music player like Musicbee, it's fine.

The question is, will upgrading to Adum4160 resolve the noise problem at max volume and stuttering on WTFPlay?

Or do I have to upgrade to Topping HS01? I mostly only play 16bit/44.1kHz so still thinking hard about shelling out a lot of money on the HS01. Are there any other advantages that I can get from the HS01 compared to the Adum4160 considering that I only play CD Quality files?

Top Bottom