• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Absent for a While

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I used to be a duck hunter and know lots of them. Maybe they have the equivalent of $10,000 cables.
MMMmm duckssss. Om nom nom... I love baked duck and Chinese style duck... I have had maybe a hundred domesticated ducks and ate all their eggs and them too... delicious!

OP
Ron Texas

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
If I may: I think one of best antidotes to block/mute/ignore/paywall pleas (herein), is to just grow a thicker skin.:facepalm:
The reasons why there is no ASR 'dislike' button would be interesting, revealing, and probably relevant for the individual arguments for some censoring (personal or forum-wide).

Otherwise, as the thread-originator speculated, this great place will turn into just another echo-chamber.
...like a A mysterious place with no name.:p
pffft.gif
That link leads to a map of the location of the person who clicks on it.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
wut? like the villagepeople?
naah -- like this guy.
201904688_8e12ad17-046c-40e0-a27e-cf0e0efe2132.jpeg

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming.

computer-audiophile

Major Contributor
naah -- like this guy.
201904688_8e12ad17-046c-40e0-a27e-cf0e0efe2132.jpeg

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming.
Who is this? It could be Avery Fisher. I mean to see old 'The Fisher' hi-fi equipment on the shelf. I always liked them very much in their time too. It took a while until they were available in Germany back then.

threni

Major Contributor
Shouldn't the transgressor be also notified of such actions (ignore/mute/block), in all fairness?
No. On Lichess (a popular free chess site) cheats get shadowbanned - silently blocked from playing against non-cheats. They sometimes rock up in the forums with "my score's not increasing when I win.... everyone I play is a cheat" moans. The longer it takes them to work out what's happening and try and find some way around it the better.

I do think there's an argument for some sort of info about how many other people have set a user to ignore. Combined with someone's likes it would be another metric one could check before blocking.

pads

I've gone a while as well, the last couple of years I've been winding down my business, retirement is hard! This last year has been incredibly stressful, closed the doors December 22, what a journey. Looking forward to taking time out, travelling and getting my wife back to Holland to visit her family. To celebrate I bought myself a new cart for the turntable, an MC Allnic Rose. I enjoy being a vinyl heretic.

Top Bottom