• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A/D and D/A converters- Arturia Audiofuse vs. ???

dsoupz

I currently own an Arturia Audiofuse studio, which I am generally pleased with. It has Adat and tons of ins and outs.

I want to record an acoustic album and went down the rabbit hole of A/d converter chips. The Audiofuse Studio has an "AK5578 EN" A/D chip. I am wondering how this chip compares to the RME Fireface UCX II which has the following chips-"AD is AK5558, DA is AK4458". Would the RME be a downgrade from my current setup? Most users praise the RME lines, but they have inferior a/d chips than much cheaper interfaces.

Would it be an upgrade from the Arturia Audiofuse Studio to the Fireface UCX II? Most people state that it isn't "just the A/d chip that gives you the sound".

Please give me your informed opinions!

How do these interfaces compare with a Metric Halo or Lynx Aurora (n)?

I'd like to get the best a/d converter as I have decent outboard preamps to use.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
The AK5578 is about 6 dB better than its cheaper brother in SNR and THD. Both are 100+ SINAD. In practice I would assume very little or no audible difference. So I would not upgrade just for the chip. Better look at the other features and decide if they are worth the upgrade.

Top Bottom