• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

6G for when that 5G isn't a thing anymore

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
5G isn't a thing really yet. I also think most of its big promises will never happen for general use. Only special areas and events. But don't worry they are already starting to simmer the hype for 6G.

It will be like a 6th human sense, it will do so much I can hardly describe it all. Spectrum has been cleared up so it can be placed in the 95 ghz to 3 thz range. Microsecond latency, terabit connections, will work at the "rate of human cognition", scan the air for allergens, heck we'll have to get people just to spend time imagining what all it will do. The main one I'd like to know is how 3 terahertz gets through the air to your mobile device. Such frequencies could be sort of a low frequency xray device. Maybe it will let us scan things like Star Trek Tricorders. Even air would absorb it within meters.

https://searchnetworking.techtarget.com/definition/6G

OTOH, maybe it can be used to transmit digital audio including DSD 1,048,576 and finally digital will reach parity with analog. With clever articulation maybe 3 thz beams can heat and cool the air around your ears to give an exact replica of the sound field at the site of a recording. You'll truly hear exactly as if you were there. Then we can have reality remastered into 1db of total dynamic range for maximal loudness and musicality.

pavuol

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
giphy.gif

Hugo9000

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Perhaps 9G will actually warp space/time and place you at the venue as the music was being recorded, rather than attempt to create a facsimile!

Naturally, using this technology will only be advisable in the case of single-session (and single mic) recordings, or the listener will be rent asunder and split between times and places haha!

Hayabusa

Addicted to Fun and Learning
you need low freqencies to penetrate walls, the >100GHz will not give you enough range to be usefull

pavuol

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
All this progress in a few decades, where are alien races thousands of years ahead of mankind?
They're like post music/post art/post electricity/post....? And we have sent our music samples to them.. oh come on :)

scott wurcer

Major Contributor
Audio Luminary
Technical Expert
All this progress in a few decades, where are alien races thousands of years ahead of mankind?
They're like post music/post art/post electricity/post....? And we have sent our music samples to them.. oh come on :)

Right, how could puny human brains do anything without alien intervention.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I'm still trying to figure out how those 56k modems where all you heard was shhhhhhhhhh when they called you worked.

Last edited:

Tks

Major Contributor
Reminds me of the dude in this trailer making people convulse that are laying down on the counters. He talks about frequencies in the body and how he's able to manipulate energy to influence such frequencies

Blumlein, you haven't seen my rant about current state of affairs with respect to the diction abuse occurring with respect to governing bodies and their abuse of the word "standards" (and including optional portions, as if they makes any sense of the words "a standard").

Lets not give these lunatics more reason to believe they can push this boundry further and pre-hype 6G too quickly eh?

Top Bottom