• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

2.1 vs bigger 2.0

OP
K

Kossamu

Subwoofer is optional until you try one in your room. I can do without in my desktop setup with G8350s but it's a close call (they go to ~30Hz in my room).

With SVS SB/PB 1000, app and REW you can get good enough response for on to two hours of work.
Thank you for your input. I ended up getting the S3000Pro. They offered a good return policy as well if I didn't like them.

phomairolls

Thank you for your input. I ended up getting the S3000Pro. They offered a good return policy as well if I didn't like them.
Hi, how was your experience with the edifiers? Any better alternative in the price range? I'm in the same boat as you were and kinda not want to regret as where I live I can't return these boxes. Thanks!

OP
K

Kossamu

Hi, how was your experience with the edifiers? Any better alternative in the price range? I'm in the same boat as you were and kinda not want to regret as where I live I can't return these boxes. Thanks!
I haven't tried alot of speakers. I compared them to audioengine A5+ and I prefer the S3000Pro alot more. I had them both connected to my PC and could instantly switch between them. The audioengines had what I would describe as some kind of muffled sound when directly compared to the edifiers. It also sounded on the edifiers as if the singers were separated from the instruments while on the audioengines they were more mushed together. It was quite apparent when I listened in person. Using USB with edifiers and Objective2+odac with the audioengines.

They had a big flaw though. The left one sounds a little bit more than the right one. I will claim warranty on this. The soundstage(?) was shiften to the left a little bit which is unacceptable for speakers this expensive. I can update you when I have got a new pair.

Talisman

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
They had a big flaw though. The left one sounds a little bit more than the right one. I will claim warranty on this. The soundstage(?) was shiften to the left a little bit which is unacceptable for speakers this expensive. I can update you when I have got a new pair.
Have you individually measured this volume discrepancy with certainty?
I have the same center stage shift problem because one speaker is very close to the sidewall and the other is not.

OP
K

Kossamu

Have you individually measured this volume discrepancy with certainty?
I have the same center stage shift problem because one speaker is very close to the sidewall and the other is not.
I have measured with a sound pressure meter when they stand next to eachother on a table. I also switched their places and has the same issue.

Top Bottom