• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

1More Sonoflow NC Headphone Review

Rate this headphone:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 34 20.1%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 85 50.3%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 35 20.7%

• Total voters

Sgt. Ear Ache

Major Contributor
I've been getting a fair amount of use out of these. They are just great for going on a nice evening walk along the paths near my place which all run near high traffic roadways. The ANC reduces the noise nicely and the phones are light and comfortable. Pretty fantastic sound quality for the purpose. I've also used them around my apartment a number of times while doing chores. The battery life is ridiculous...it's been probably a month since I charged the things and using them a couple times a week I'm still getting the "battery high...battery high" notification when I turn them on. I wouldn't mind just a titch more amp juice just to have a little more headroom but other than that they are pretty much perfect for what I need of them.

optionaltoast

Is there a way of getting the various measurements into the AutoEq database that is used by wavelet? Loving the very rich bass of the ASR eq posted a few pages back, but would like to see what they would sound like via wavelet and that Harman target.

smalkkustiina

I received this headphones today! Here's my setup now:

Attachments

• photo_2023-11-17_20-32-05.jpg
    photo_2023-11-17_20-32-05.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 234

Sgt. Ear Ache

Major Contributor
Just an update...I haven't had to charge these things again yet since my last post back in September! lol...I mean I don't use them a huge amount - generally 2 or 3 times a week for maybe 20-40 minutes at a time - but even so, it's crazy how long a charge lasts. They are still above 50%! I'm going to charge them up soon anyway just to do it. Only plugged them in once since I got them.

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Just an update...I haven't had to charge these things again yet since my last post back in September! lol...I mean I don't use them a huge amount - generally 2 or 3 times a week for maybe 20-40 minutes at a time - but even so, it's crazy how long a charge lasts. They are still above 50%! I'm going to charge them up soon anyway just to do it. Only plugged them in once since I got them.
I use them daily, twice for 30min. I have had some cycles. From "battery high" to "battery medium" takes a long time. From "battery medium" to "battery low" not so much. Once the battery is low, it's over soon, you maybe have just an hour or so left. I don't think "battery medium" is 50%. I feel it's more like 20 or 30%. Overall i am very pleased with the battery runtime, like everyone so far. Well done headphones.

Now i wonder what pricier options, like the 500€ or so B&W, Bose, Sennheiser or Sonys, have to add.

They should make mobile phones, i wouldn't mind one that only needs fresh power once a month. :cool:

Sgt. Ear Ache

Major Contributor
I use them daily, twice for 30min. I have had some cycles. From "battery high" to "battery medium" takes a long time. From "battery medium" to "battery low" not so much. Once the battery is low, it's over soon, you maybe have just an hour or so left. I don't think "battery medium" is 50%. I feel it's more like 20 or 30%. Overall i am very pleased with the battery runtime, like everyone so far. Well done headphones.

Now i wonder what pricier options, like the 500€ or so B&W, Bose, Sennheiser or Sonys, have to add.

They should make mobile phones, i wouldn't mind one that only needs fresh power once a month. :cool:

Yep that's very likely the case, but even so...still some very good battery life. I still remember the days of loading things with double A's every three hours so I find it pretty amazing what we get out of this stuff now. :D

Yoku-San

I have the same experience. Battery life is very good and overall value is excellent.

Sgt. Ear Ache

Major Contributor
these are on sale on Amazon (Canada at least) right now for an amazing price. Regularly $129.95...on for $89.95 (which is a pretty good price and what I paid for them) and there's a $30 coupon to clip so $59.95 is the final price.

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
these are on sale on Amazon (Canada at least) right now for an amazing price. Regularly $129.95...on for $89.95 (which is a pretty good price and what I paid for them) and there's a $30 coupon to clip so $59.95 is the final price.
Great value.
I also bought two sets of replacement pads, but so far the first ones are still in good condition.

IndieSynth

Did we get any confirmation that app eq carries over when connected to other devices like a TV?

Sgt. Ear Ache

Major Contributor
Did we get any confirmation that app eq carries over when connected to other devices like a TV?

I'm quite certain it does yes. I think when I was trying to figure that out myself I did a few tests where I set dramatically different EQ profiles in the app (such as turning everthing above 1000hz way down) and then listened on other devices and the profile was still obviously in effect.

Last edited:
To best listen to these headphones from your mobile phone, you need to enter the developer mode and select 990 kbps streaming. The difference is night and day (edit: from night to day)

Last edited:

Graph Feppar

I have two questions.

1. How does amirm do the THD measurement? When it shows THD curve at 114db, does that mean each frequency was played at 114db or does this mean it was set to 114db at only one specific frequency like 440hz? If THD curve is done by sine sweep, then since most headphones are not flat, the sine sweep will be louder in certain FR ranges and quieter in others. Or does the signal generating software adjust the sine volume dynamicaly so its 114db at each frequency?

2. Did amirm test the THD with internal dac and amplifiers in bluetooth mode or did he wire it? 114db seems so loud I doubt the internal electronics could go that high.

staticV3

Master Contributor
When it shows THD curve at 114db, does that mean each frequency was played at 114db or does this mean it was set to 114db at only one specific frequency like 440hz?
The latter.
425Hz is aligned at 114dB, the rest follows the headphone's inherent response.

Amir's absolute THD graph shows this well:
1More Sonoflow Wireless Bluetooth Noise cancelling Headphone THD Distortion Measurement.png

The other graph that plots THD in %, is just derived from the one above.

2. Did amirm test the THD with internal dac and amplifiers in bluetooth mode or did he wire it? 114db seems so loud I doubt the internal electronics could go that high.
THD was tested in Bluetooth mode with ANC on, as can be seen by the frequency response in the graph above.

114dB is not difficult to achieve with highly efficient dynamic drivers, like what the Sonoflow undoubtedly uses.

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
When it shows THD curve at 114db
To measure harmonic distortion you feed a frequency into a device. Then the measurement device looks at how the curve measures in the time domain at that frequency, and splits it up, using fourier transformation, into fundamental frequency and distortion frequencies, so we can look at them in the frequency domain.

Usually you say the distortion is at -114dB, if the fundamental frequency is at 0dB. But sometimes the graphs are displayed such that the distortion is at 0dB and the signal at +114dB. Important part is, the distortion is 114dB from the signal, so it's very likely below our hearing capability.
1711039107099.png

For total harmonic distortion the same is done for all frequencies (say 1000 measurement points, or maybe 10 000).

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Here is a nice picture that shows the relationship between time and frequency domain, and how they can be interchanged.
tumblr_np9m1tQtuQ1sfkghmo1_500.gif

Top Bottom