• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

hardisj

Major Contributor
Reviewer
Well, we have already seen differences between the Klippel and Harman Spinoramas, and Harman has stated they recently recalibrated their anechoic measurements. However, that’s not the only case here, Due to the complex soundfield, Amir said that without being able to measure further away from the speaker, he could see maybe a small dB difference being had (so I guess the fitting error went a bit high).

OT but the review you linked has this nugget:
I also noticed that I could feel more vibration from the side panels of the F328Be when playing bass-heavy music at louder volumes than I could with the Magico A3.
The internal bracing of the cabinets is designed to shift the resonant frequencies up to a point where the cabinet is not an efficient transducer, though, and I did not notice any cabinet coloration during my listening. But all things being equal, less cabinet vibration is better. I cannot help but wonder if there would be an audible improvement in performance with a more inert cabinet.

Such a scientific test. "I touched it and I felt it move". There's the logical, realistic bit that Harman had pushed the resonance up high. Accompanied by such wonderful subjective thoughts. I wonder when his last hand-to-brain calibration was made. Hopefully it's still within spec.

giphy.gif

MZKM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
@MZKM At least give us a price, so we can start guessing...:p
Let’s just say it’s non-American, and it’s not brand spankin new, so difficult to figure out what USD price to put, but ~$2500.

It is (almost) findable with just the dimensions, just saying.

Amir had it scheduled for Monday, but Marantz gave the go ahead with the AVR, so he likely will do it tonight.

Last edited:

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Let’s just say it’s non-American, and it’s not brand spankin new, so difficult to figure out what USD price to put, but ~$2500.

It is (almost) findable with just the dimensions, just saying.

Amir had it scheduled for Monday, but Marantz gave the go ahead with the AVR, so he likely will do it tonight.

B&W 805? :eek:

Top Bottom