Search results

1. geek101

Using TV as center channel speaker ?

Can I do this by simple plugging in center channel pre out to TV rca input ?. Large TVs leave no room for a proper center channel placement when optimal viewing angle is considered. Anyone doing this ?. Are recent TVs good enough to be a center channel only speaker?.
  2. geek101

Quest for AVR with 96dB+ SINAD with balanced XLR pre outs \w optional AMP stage

Prefer to pay less than 2k, need hdmi 2.1 with Dirac support. I don’t care for an AMP stage. But it seems to me such AVR is like $6k or more ? Like marantz AV10 etc. I can’t believe I can get a 100” TV for less . Monoprice or emotiva are you listening? May be I should just use TV to decode...
  3. geek101

Feedback from SoundPath Tri-Band Wireless regarding 19ms latency

I want to use this for surround back speakers in a 5.1 setup for active speakers to avoid long rca cable (25 ft) run. Seems like approximately 20 ms latency is the spec. Did anyone notice auditory lag with respect to visual content?. I appreciate any feedback from actual users or science...
  4. geek101

Dirac + DLBC with LR active bass section.

I got the multichannel with Bass Control. All in all I have a 3.1 channel system with my LR speakers having active bass section. Signal chain HTPC (Dirac + Win11) -> topping dm7(usb) -> amps How do I split the L to L + LSub etc ? Like an external crossover in Dirac ?. I am starting with...
  5. geek101

why Nilai500 when cheaper NCx500 out performs it?.

why bother with Nilai500 when NCx500 implementations are cheaper and put more output 500 vs 700 @ 4ohm?. Why is Nilai500 more expensive?.
  6. geek101

HTPC for Dirac DLBC and replace AVR

Anyone here got this running ? I am looking for a fan less build, a multi channel DAC. Currently I am looking for 5.2 channel support at minimum. I want to get rid of my old avr but not interested in AVRs with Dirac DLBC support. I have have built GPU HTPC and used them before. Looking...
  7. geek101

In Bay Area, want to test my BAT phono stage

Hi all, I am selling this phono stage which has been in a package for many years. I am looking for help to test this unit. In and around driving distance of SF Bay Area. Happy to compensate for your time and help. The unit is: Balanced Audio Technology (BAT) VK-P10SE with SuperPak. Thanks
  8. geek101

Large TV 77” and large center channel 14” height

Right now there is barely space for a 55” TV that I use. I do not enjoy straining my neck so not good to put TV much higher. Dropping the speaker down and tilting up is one option but it is fun to lower the tweeter level significantly compared to LR speakers. Cannot pursue projector route for...
  9. geek101

WTB: iFi Micro iDSD Black Label

Looking for an un-abused unit.
  10. geek101

RME ADI-2 vs D50s+Atom, audible difference for Aeon Closed?

I was so impressed with the measurements of Toppping D50s and JDS Labs Atom that got that combo and have been testing with Mr Speakers Mad dog headphones. I need another setup for Aeon closed and RME ADI-2 DAC is what I am considering (very impressive engineering in a small package). I do not...
Top Bottom