Search results

1. SimpleTheater

SOLD!!! FS/US FIIO K9

Lightly used for YouTube review. Everything works perfectly. Please note this is the FIIO K9, not the K9 Pro. $379 or best offer. Product is currently located in upstate New York, USA. I will pay for shipping to the continental US. Outside of the continental US, buyer pays for shipping. I...
  2. SimpleTheater

Arylic BK651 Speaker Review

Arylic just sent me a pair of BK651 speakers to review. I just got them and am posting a couple of pictures of them setup in my room. I haven't started testing them yet, so I'm using this post as a holding space for additional information and a discussion by the ASR community. I'll post a...
  3. SimpleTheater

New REW Problem

I've never had this issue with REW before - almost nothing in measurements above 6kHz. I've played an 11kHz tone and it comes through REW without a problem. The only difference between these measurements and past is that I'm using a headphone to RCA cable on my laptop - past times I used HDMI...
  4. SimpleTheater

What Measurement Shows an Amps Low Frequency Capability?

I’ve read the garbage What HiFi reviews, but one that caught my attention said the amp didn’t have good low end extension. What measurement, other than frequency response (which is almost always 20-20,000 0.1 to 0.3 dB) would show an amps ability to produce good low end power into a speaker...
  5. SimpleTheater

Advice on Semi or Fully Automatic Turntables

I have a decent vinyl collection and with age (e.g. laziness) I want a little more convenience out of my turntable - at the least send the tone arm back when the record ends. I don’t want a simple manual lift, I want the tone arm back and preferably the unit to shut off. I do not need the unit...
  6. SimpleTheater

Milind Kunchur Blind Cable Test

I know that people have stated, with links, that Kuncher made many mistakes in this paper: http://boson.physics.sc.edu/~kunchur/papers/Audibility-of-cable-pathways--Kunchur.pdf Thread showing inaccurate measurements: https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,73598.0.html However, I have not seen...
  7. SimpleTheater

Avril Lavigne

This image of Avril Lavigne came across my banner feed in Spotify today. It reminded me of Nico, so I put the images side to side. Are the two related? With how many name changes artists use, you can't tell by just comparing names.
  8. SimpleTheater

Thinking of Changing my Screen Name to ...

SimpleTheater, Jim, AudioMan and 678 others This way when I like a post, the author will think 681 people are liking their post. It will be an act of kindness that will make the world a better place.
  9. SimpleTheater

Another Edifier MR4 Review - Scientific Audiophile

Unlike ASR reviews, which seem to roll out every day, I know reviewing speakers takes a lot of time, so I take my time listening to every speaker in great detail. This isn't a knock on ASR reviews or the people who like them, we understand not everyone has the audiophile qualities required to...
  10. SimpleTheater

Topping DX3 Pro+ vs RME ADI-2 DAC

In what is clearly self-promotion, so Admins feel free to delete this post, the Scientific Audiophile just spent 600 hours comparing the RME ADI-2 with the Topping DX3 Pro+, and the conclusions will SHOCK you! In fact the sound difference was so extreme that one got a terrible rating...
  11. SimpleTheater

Tesla, the next big audio company?

I’ve never heard a Tesla car audio system, but this article says they’re quite good. We need to send some money to Amir so an Uber driver can park one in his driveway for a few hours to get real measurements. Sadly Tesla does not report SINAD...
  12. SimpleTheater

Mute Zoom - Listen to Music

Does anyone know how I can mute Zoom audio and listen to music? Some of these meetings are total nonsense and if I listen to music, at least I won't fall asleep.
  13. SimpleTheater

Denon 103R vs Goldring E3

With the history of the Denon 103 and WhatHiFi raving about the Goldring E3, I was super interested in this video. I feel really stupid in asking this question, because it shows my lack of audiophile knowledge, but which cartridge won? I know so little about audiophile rating systems. :-(
  14. SimpleTheater

Ashamed to be a Skeptic

I have always prided myself in my skepticism. I question everything - what the government says, what advertisers say, and of course, what proponents of expensive speaker cables say about "liquidity", "transparency" and a barrage of other adjectives. Yet today I cried watching skeptics take...
  15. SimpleTheater

Turntable Hum

I’m quite aware how difficult it can be to figure out the cause of turntable hum, but I’ve narrowed it down and hoping someone can help. Integrated amp is silent on phono stage when no cables are connected Hum exists regardless if TT is turned on or even plugged in to an outlet Hum is reduced...
  16. SimpleTheater

Different Speaker Cable Lengths

I've heard lots of people try to answer this question, so it's refreshing to see the Scientific Audiophile tackle the issue of having different lengths of speaker cable using math and science.. *WARNING* Very large numbers are used.
  17. SimpleTheater

Couldn’t Resist- Sold My OPPO UDP-203

After seeing OPPO UDP-203’s sell used for well above their original price, I finally broke down and sold mine. After fees, I netted $1,124. My decision was really about how little I use the unit. I’m streaming 90% of my movies, seldom use the OPPO for music and felt the Sony UBP-X800M2, for...
  18. SimpleTheater

Working With Non-Technical People

This topic has nothing to do with audio, just a rant from work yesterday. We work off approved programming stories and over the last few months have been integrating some non-programmers who are quite knowledgeable of statistical evaluation. So they helped create a story and we are working on...
  19. SimpleTheater

Best Headphone ASR Has Reviewed

Just finished reading the latest review on the Audeze LCD-24 and I'm not sure what headphone Amir likes best of the ones he's tested. So Dan Clark's Aeon RT got a swinging panther, as did the LCD-24 (after EQ), as did a few other headphones. However, headphones have the additional requirement...
  20. SimpleTheater

$1 Million Cable Challenge

After James Randi passed away a few years ago, the idea of a $1 million cable challenge vanished with him. Until now! In what can only be surmised as amazing showmanship, Dr. Tist of First Run Copper cables has decided to bring the challenge back, but with a twist. Instead of challenging the...
Top Bottom