Search results

1. Nobunaga

Is the Fostex TH900 much better than the THX00's?

Yo I am planning to upgrade my THX00 purple hearts for TH900's. How do they differ and what improvements can i expect? I would replace the TH900 pads with THX ones. Cheers
  2. Nobunaga

Vacuum tube THD measurements?

Hey While doing some digging i came across this test here, measurements of the THD of some renowned tubes http://www.shine7.com/audio/6922_pre2.htm The Siemens with the silver shield had the lowest THD, can that be taken at face value? meaning that every Siemens tube of that specific model...
  3. Nobunaga

Cathological values of vacuum tubes impact on sound?

Hey I was wondering if the rating of a tube has any impact on the sound. I bought a pair of E88CC/6922/PHILIPS/SQ https://www.ebay.ch/itm/402064127167?ViewItem=&item=402064127167&autorefresh=true as in the description were Tested on ELPO P-508 Pair = 11/10 + 11/11 mA! The seller told me...
  4. Nobunaga

Problems with USB isolator

Hey I have an Aldaq usb isolator between my PC and Khadas tone board DAC. The problem is when i turn on my PC it sometimes (more often than not) doesn't recognize my DAC as audio output, it's not listed among the devices and defaul device is set to my monitor. After a while, i figured out that...
  5. Nobunaga

Looking for headphones 220usd

Hey A gamer friend of mine is looking for a new pair of cans, his budget is 220bucks on amazon eu. He wants a bit of bass. Any suggestions? I only found the Audio Technica AD770x and Beyerdynamic DT880 250 ohm version. He has no external DAC and AMP.
  6. Nobunaga

Which pins of the Khadas Tone Board are for usb 2.0?

Hello I want to solder a USB type-B connector on my Khadas Tone Board, Khadas confirmed to me that it's possible to use the 40pin header for that. But i don't know which of these 40 holes (pins) are the ones i need for an USB 2.0 port. Could anyone mark them for me? Best regards
  7. Nobunaga

Ideal solder diameter for through-hole soldering on a Khadas Tone Board?

Hey i was wondering if 0.6 mm or 1.0 mm diameter of the solder wire would be better for through-hole soldering on a Khadas Tone Board? Planning to solder a USB type-B connector on it Cheers
  8. Nobunaga

Distance between audio devices and desktop PC any relevant?

HeyI recently watched this video here from Paul McGowan, ceo of PS Audio, i generally believe what he says in his videos and appreciate his knowledge and experience. He mentions that PCs are very noisy and audio signal shouldn't be processed in such a hostile environment, and that I can be...
  9. Nobunaga

Desolder USB type-C jack and solder a Type-B instead on my Khadas tone board

Hello I know many here in the forums don't share my opinion and that's cool so no need to have debate about it, but i wish to use a different cable than the off the shelf cable that comes with the Khadas. I already own a very good USB cable which has a Type-B plug and i prefer not to use an...
  10. Nobunaga

Silly question - which tube socket adapter would be better?

Hey This might be a very silly question. I need a socket adapter so i can use 5Z3 rectifier tubes in my Decware Taboo MKIII which usually uses 5Y3GT / 5U4 / 5AR4 tubes. So i found these adapters here which seem built pretty well and look neat, however one has 4 empty/hollow pins while the...
  11. Nobunaga

Any solution to avoid PC interferance?

Hey guys After switching from my PCI-E soundcard into external usb powered DAC (Khadas Toneboard) and headphone amp, i am getting weird noises through my headphones. I recorded them and uploaded it to youtube, i plugged my LAV mic in to my mobile phone and put it in to the headphone cuffs i...
  12. Nobunaga

Static noise from headphone tube amp (Decware Taboo MKIII)

Hey I just set up my new headphone amp and it works, i can listen to the music but i hear a static noise too a sort of buzz/brrrrrr noise. Any ideas? I am using my Asus Essence STX soundcard as dac. Best regards
  13. Nobunaga

Tubes ELECTRO-HARMONIX 6922EH??

Hi Does anyone know about these tubes? How they sound etc. The ProJect Head Box RS which retails for nearly 1000usd i found it 2nd hand but like new for 380usd and it has these tubes built in, for it's fully balanced tube input stage. Do you think it's possible to roll them...
  14. Nobunaga

Looking for a good not overly expensive linear power supply

Hey I am looking for a linear power supply with DC 24V and amperage is not that important as long as it is over 500Ma. I need it for my Graham Slee Solo headphone amp, the sound gets a bit better with an external power supply, but the power supply they offer is a bit expensive with...
  15. Nobunaga

ProJect HeadBox RS 2ndhand, yay or nay?

Hey everyone I am still stalking the internet for an amp to pair with my Fostex THx00 purpleheart's and a good dac, which is most likely going to be the Khadas tone board. My original plan was to buy the Massdrop THX AAA 789 but i missed the last drop, i would have to wait til end of august...
  16. Nobunaga

Looking for a good tube amp for my Massdrop x Fostex Thx00 purplehearts

Hi The tilte says everything, any reccomendations? Or would i be better off with the Massdrop THXAAA 789? I will be buying the Khadas tone board DAC soon with the balanced outputs. Best regards
  17. Nobunaga

What do you guys think of this DAC here?

What do you guys think of this DAC here? https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/dac-without-volume/audiophonics-dac-ak4495seq-32bit-384khz-asynchronous-usb-xmos-black-p-11961.html I haven't seen this DAC chip before, do you think it's better than the ES9038Q2M? which is used in the D50 and many...
  18. Nobunaga

Can't decide between a few DAC's and i would like to know what technical data matters :)

Hey guys I was wondering which stat matters the most for DAC's (dynamic range, SNR, SINAD etc). Also i am curious to know, how much does SNR matter for a DAC? coming from a PC hardware backround i know that for an internal soundcard SNR does quite a lot, because of all the electrical noise...
Top Bottom