• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Silly question - which tube socket adapter would be better?

Nobunaga

Hey

This might be a very silly question.

I need a socket adapter so i can use 5Z3 rectifier tubes in my Decware Taboo MKIII which usually uses 5Y3GT / 5U4 / 5AR4 tubes.

So i found these adapters here which seem built pretty well and look neat, however one has 4 empty/hollow pins while the second one costs 8usd more (21 bucks instead of 13) with not-empty pins.

I have no idea if it matters and if one would be better than the other. Maybe someone could tell me?

best regards

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 85
  • HTB1dSaUbG5s3KVjSZFNq6AD3FXas.jpg
    HTB1dSaUbG5s3KVjSZFNq6AD3FXas.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 99

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
It matters far less than the substantial difference between all of those rectifier tubes.

OP
Nobunaga

Nobunaga

It matters far less than the substantial difference between all of those rectifier tubes.

Well of course, i just need an adapter for a Tungsram 5z3 rectifier tube, as far as i know there are no other Tungsram rectifier tubes that would work with my amp, besides that i could find only one for sale searching in the internet. The Tungsram EL84 tubes are really nice, i am hoping that this rectifier will be the same.

Anyway, back to the adapters, which one should i pick? Or just whichever costs less?

Top Bottom