Search results

1. wgb113

FS: RME ADI-2 DAC FS (V1)

Purchased new 02/28/19 and in excellent used condition. All original accessories, owner's manual and packaging included. Asking $800 including shipping. Ships via UPS Ground insured to your verified PayPal address within 3 business days of receiving payment via PayPal. New users need not...
  2. wgb113

SINAD, IMD, Dynamic Range, Frequency Repsonse

These are several measurements @amirm does for his site but what are the cumulative effects and what is the end result. Take noise for instance - does the worst measuring piece in your system serve as the limitation of the entire system or does each piece contribute to an aggregate whole...
  3. wgb113

WTB: McIntosh MC252

Looking for a nice example of the MC252 both cosmetically and operationally. Willing to drive up to 150 miles of 19343 but also open to shipping if you have the original box and packing.
  4. wgb113

WTB: Anthem STR Preamp

Looking for a gently used STR preamp in either silver or black with all original accessories and preferably original box and packing.
  5. wgb113

Separates vs Integrated

Going back to a more traditional setup from active speakers to passive speakers + amplification. Budget is $10K total so I'm trying to decide whether to go with separates on the amplification side and I'm having trouble deciding. Sources are: Mac Mini running Roon Cambridge Audio CXC to...
  6. wgb113

Room Choice

For about the past decade or so I've been fortunate to have had the room in our home designated on the floor plan as an "Office" as my dedicated 2ch space for music. The biggest problem is its size - roughly 10'W x 11.6'L x 9'H - so getting good bass is a challenge. The series Gene @...
  7. wgb113

FS: Konig & Meyer Design Monitor Stands (26791)

Selling a pair of K&M 26791 studio monitor stands that were purchased new from Thomann in 07/2020. They come with a large top plate that measures 12.6" x 11" that are perfect for horizontal speakers. Their base is stable and heavy, measuring 19" x 19" and their height is adjustable from 25.4"...
  8. wgb113

FS: Dynaudio LYD 48 Studio Monitors (Pair)

Selling my Dynaudio LYD 48 studio monitor speakers in white. Purchased new in 07/2020 from Thomann and used in my home office setup during lockdown. Moving back to a traditional setup. Ships with all original accessories in original boxes. Both boxes will be shipped in an additional outer...
  9. wgb113

Post-Covid System Changes?

Anyone else eyeing some system changes over the rest of the year as your makeshift home-office(s) get turned back to normal? The room designated as an "Office" had been my dedicated 2-ch room for many years until last March when we were forced to work from home. The wife took over the dining...
  10. wgb113

Standmount Speakers & SBIR

Stumbled upon a couple of mixing/mastering studio videos that discuss what happens to the bass when you put most speakers up on stands: Carl Tatz Produce Like A Pro At about 13:00 mark he throws up some FR charts showing different speakers in the same room, the same speakers in different rooms...
  11. wgb113

Schiit Freya S vs Freya + in Solid State Mode

Hey everyone! Looking to see if (ideally) anyone has experience with both of these, if not one or the other, so that I can gather some feedback on how the solid state modes perform on each. The Freya S features Schiit's Nexus gain stage whereas the Freya + is a JFET-based gain stage. Also...
  12. wgb113

Gain Structure

Making an active speaker switch to a less-integrated model and will need a preamp as a result. With a mix of consumer/pro gear I'm wondering if someone could explain in layman's terms how to use the specs to guide me in determining the proper gain structure. I'm looking for the best way to...
  13. wgb113

Question: UPS Store Packaging

Does anyone here have any experience using their packaging services when you no longer had the original box for electronics? I've got some speakers I'd like to sell but only doing so locally might take a while so if I could ship them that would be ideal.
  14. wgb113

Tiny Room Acoustics

Hey Everyone! Looking to start a thread for those of us that find ourselves with tiny rooms and to discuss the approaches we've taken trying to get the best sound out of them. A lot of the research involving room acoustics seems tailored to "small" residential rooms when compared to commercial...
  15. wgb113

Dirac Live's impact on soundstage & imaging

Hey everyone, Looking for some input as to what I might be encountering with my recent implementation of Dirac Live 2.0 via miniDSP DDRC-24. Setup is as follows: MacMini (macOS Catalina) running Roon->USB->miniDSP DDRC-24->RCA->KEF LS50W (w/Sub Out to Elac SUB3010) My room is small at 10'W x...
Top Bottom