Search results

1. S

waltzing through a gazillion choices

I still pinch myself that for $25 per month I can listen to any of millions of titles in cd quality sound. it brings me unalloyed joy. And the amount of excellent new music is beyond belief. I feel guilty the royalties are so tiny for so many talented music artists.
  2. S

What even induces Amir and the moderators to keep going?

I get exhausted and saddened by how posts escalate to heated or snarky rhetoric, so I marvel that Amir and other volunteers keep going with this forum. What started as a fun place with a curious, gracious host and enthusiasts who like to share experiences is not much fun anymore. I envisioned a...
  3. S

linkwitz orion

hi all. a member of the linkwitz speaker forum, where owners of those can post, has a beautiful, professionally-built pair of orions for sale for $2,000, including 8-channel ati amp and analog crossover. that is a steal. since i am on both forums, a serious buyer can dm me, and i can pass along...
  4. S

speaker form following function

the quebec guy’s setup and the wilson’s may serve as a reminder that there is no reason function should follow form. the linkwitz designs, the genelec and neumann, are examples of engineering first. to some extent the revel. less so the kef. the dutch 8c seem to me among the best blend. but...
  5. S

sold

I am an authorized Topping dealer (Nice Cans). An ASR member who didn't wish to order from an online dealer ordered one of these, so I ordered two for the heck of it. I'm offering it to ASR members for a holiday gift purchase. Washington State ASR members add sales tax unless you pick it up in...
  6. S

a speaker company near me I never heard of before

I was at a party here in Bellingham, wa, and my neighbor said his good buddy makes speakers. sure enough, up in ferndale, a solo speaker builder. no idea of prices, but it’s got to be a lot. i was not aware there were small-shop speaker makers like this, building one at a time by hand...
  7. S

interesting new sound diffusion and absorption product

https://www.3-form.com/inspiration/hush-blocks
  8. S

Dealer Overstock Topping A90 Discrete NIB - Silver $599 Shipped

I am an authorized Topping dealer (Nice Cans). An ASR member who didn't wish to order from an online dealer ordered one of these, so I ordered two for the heck of it. I'm offering it to ASR members before it sits on a shelf as stock. Washington State ASR members add sales tax unless you pick it...
  9. S

My first speakers, 1979: Omega Z-7000

dad took me to the crummy-ass stereo shop in town, pointed at these like he knew something, and arranged for me to buy them on credit for $20 per month. they 100% sucked. so I saved up for another 2 years working weekends and summers during high school and bought a/d/s L910’s for . . . wait for...
  10. S

When a source uses optical, don't fault the head unit for problems . . .

For the second time in the last couple years, I had a problem with an optical digital source. Both cases turned out to be a fault of some sort in an optical cable. In the new case, it was the optical cable running from my OLED tv to my RME ADI-2 DAC. I wasn't getting a reliable signal lock, but...
  11. S

How do I wire a dual opposed subwoofer?

Hi all. As you know, I am building a dual opposed 11” subwoofer using Scan-Speak 4-ohm (nominal) drivers. I use a MiniDSP plate amp in bridge mode. How do I wire this sub? Series? Parallel?
  12. S

Which drivers for highly custom, small enclosure?

Hi All. I'm re-doing my main setup and need to build a new pair of decorative subs with more oomph for a new, larger living room, about 2500 cu. ft. The subs have to sit on a thick walnut bottom shelf, 12-1/2" deep by max. 18"h. The room opens up broadly to another living area, and standing...
  13. S

My end-game main home system

Finishing my last house, in Bellingham, WA. Had to combine main living room and media room, but finally got a room without harsh modes. Glorious acoustics for a Linkwitz speaker setup which needs room interaction. For now, still using my homemade, book-spine-wrapped subs to handle 20-35hz...
  14. S

SOLD

Hi all, Selling one of my two 4x10’s because I switched over to the new flex to run my Linkwitz LX521.4. This one is either 1.5 or 2 years old and ran either the LX521.4 or LXmini. Comes with orig box, remote, external power supply, USB cable. Probably has the software coupon in the box, but the...
  15. S

Dutch & Dutch 8C - SOLD

Hi all. I've got my 2019-build Dutch 8C to move. Two small cosmetic issues. Natural oak with black front. Has the latest firmware (2.x) for integration with REW. You get a mfr. warranty since I'm an authorized dealer (Nice Cans). Price includes a $200 shipping allowance to CONUS. Pickup would be...
  16. S

Dutch 8C No longer available

Hi everyone. I am a Dutch & Dutch authorized dealer (Nice Cans, formerly in Austin, TX, now in Bellingham, WA). I have a pair of Dutch 8C B-stock, recently obtained from Dutch USA. It's the 96khz internal DAC, not the latest 192khz. Black face with white oak cabinets. The B-stock problem is...
  17. S

Quick and dirty room mode correction

Hi everyone. I have comments and a question. I've moved for several months into an apartment near where I'm building a new home, and I've done a quick-and-dirty A/V setup in the small apartment living room using Dutch & Dutch 8C's, which let me avoid lots of boxes -- the Mac Mini server tucks...
  18. S

linkwitz lxmini

hi all. i sent amir an lxmini and minidsp crossover for it. if he can figure out how to hoist the thing, hopefully he’ll measure for everyone. shipping was $100, and he may have to pay to ship it back to me, though only three hours north of him since i am moving to bellingham. contribute to amir...
  19. S

Topping D30 Pro Silver - 1 remaining like-new unit for sale, dealer test rigs $300 each, shipped to continental us

Nice Cans is moving to Bellingham, WA from Texas. I set up a test rig with 8 channels using 4 D30 Pro about 6 mos ago. I'm selling 3 the 1 remaining of them, Silver color, with all original packaging and the mfr. warranty. Let me know if you want one. It's the balanced-out, D30 Pro.
  20. S

deleted

I'm the Nice Cans guy. I'm moving from Texas to Bellingham, WA and will be reconfiguring all my demo setups. I've got this pristine unit ready with all original packaging. You get a warranty from the mfr. since it's my demo unit. It's about, what, a year old? Maybe 18 mos.
Top Bottom