• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

a speaker company near me I never heard of before

suttondesign

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I was at a party here in Bellingham, wa, and my neighbor said his good buddy makes speakers. sure enough, up in ferndale, a solo speaker builder. no idea of prices, but it’s got to be a lot. i was not aware there were small-shop speaker makers like this, building one at a time by hand.

www.daedalusaudio.com

ThatSoundsGood

Forum Donor
I would love to see some measurements. The craftsmanship looks great.

Anton D

Great build quality.

I’ve heard them using only subjective listening and they did a fine job.

The owner also runs the Pacific Northwest Audiofest!

MarcT

Forum Donor
Yes, traditional old school big box speakers. Daedalus has been around a long time.

lkanies

Forum Donor
I was at a party here in Bellingham, wa, and my neighbor said his good buddy makes speakers. sure enough, up in ferndale, a solo speaker builder. no idea of prices, but it’s got to be a lot. i was not aware there were small-shop speaker makers like this, building one at a time by hand.

www.daedalusaudio.com
I have an NAD amp and preamp from the 80s (well matched to my M&K satellites from the same era) that I bought on Craigslist. When I asked why he was selling, he said, well, I make and sell my own amps, seemed inappropriate to keep using someone else’s. Kinda blew my mind. (This was 10+ years ago. Early in my journey.)

we talked a bit, and he was making everything he used, and selling it to others. Nothing like the quality here, but seemed like solid stuff, if not much finish work.

and a close friend started buying and assembling kit speakers.

all this helped demystify the space, which I much appreciated.

so yeah,you can get great stuff from people down the street. Experts exist, but they‘re not the only ones able to make great kit.

Top Bottom