Search results

1. J

Qobuz - Moode integration from Android and Windows Apps ?

Hello, Context: I use for years a simple set-up with a RPi connected to my DAC and having all the music locally on an external HDD. I control it from different devices through the web UI. KISS. I currently use Moode because of its integration of CamillaDSP. I'm very happy with the set-up. I...
  2. J

Make sense to start from REW room simulations ?

Hello, I'm starting to setup a 2.1 KH80+SVS SB-1000 system in my room. Unfortunatly, it's not a dedicated room, and so there are a lot of positionning constraints: MLP fixed by couch location, Subwoofer location fixed by WAF. But for more serious listening sessions, I can move the speakers...
  3. J

Feedback on cheap 10" monitoring subwoofers ?

I'm lurking around buying small monitors and a subwooofer to experiement. I'm not settled yet on a precise monitor model but candidates are JBL 305P, Neumann KH80 (second had), Kali LP or ADAM TV5.... For the subwoofer, it seems that some obvious choices in US are not available in Europe (like...
  4. J

Analyze audio library for dynamic range and bass content?

Hello, In a journey to better understand parameters for audio systems design and/or selection, I would appreciate to perform statistics on the music I have, I listen to: - dynamic range, - How low it goes (bass content), - possibly others... Are there tools that would allow to do that on my...
  5. J

Who is doing Linux / DSP / multi-amplification (multi channel) ?

Hello, I consider designing and building a board fill the gap between a Linux streamer, CamillaDSP and Class D amplifier modules. Same functionnal use case normally as Motu, Okto Dac8, Topping DM7... but simpler, cheaper and open. It would be TDM (multi channel I2S) input to 8 x differential...
  6. J

Edit: How to get as good as possible "ambiant music" NOT at mail listening position?

Hello, The speakers are in front of the couch... but my desk is at 90°... and I spend much more time at my desk than at my main listening position... Last, turning the speakers is not really an option. So... What are the possibilities to get as good as possible "ambiant music" NOT at mail...
  7. J

Class D PBTL use case - woofer/subwoofer ?

I see in class D amps datasheets some advertising about the PBTL config providing 1 channel with twice the power. However, this only seems effective with low impedance drivers (2-3R). Looking at datasheets, I don't see 5", 6", 8" drivers with "low impedance": 4-8R seems the norm. Is this...
  8. J

Calculate amp power for target SPL at a distance - assumptions/compromise/datasheet

Hello, I try to get some understanding of which power is needed in active speakers to achieve a SPL level at defined listening distance. I fist checked the datasheets of products like Neumann monitors or JBL 305P (and for KH80 and JBL 305P we know which amp chips are used). I did some home...
  9. J

NeatAmp TAS3251 Open Source Hardware - 2x170W I2S in, I2C controlled, integrated DSP amp

*** This post is a duplicate from https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/neatamp-tas3251-open-source-hardware-2x170w-i2s-in-i2c-controlled-integrated-dsp-amp.398823/ **** Even if it is an "old" project (https://www.diyaudio.com/community/...-controlled-integrated-dsp-amp-tas3251.325826), I...
  10. J

Top end monitors "box sound" vs OB

Hello, I recently viewed a Burning Amp video from S. Linkwitz, where he is "against" vented boxes because of box resonnance, port noise and so on (). I wonder if this also affects top end monitors like Genelec, Neumann... Can proper engineering and manufacturing allowtures to avoid 100% of...
Top Bottom