Search results

1. A

What Budget Speakers Do You Enjoy?

I enjoy my wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Great sound especially for the money they even got a positive review from amir on here and that means something
  2. A

pop music with female voices

In my book not directly. Pop simply means popular. A lot of old songs are still popular and relevant today so they certainly fall in this category
  3. A

Which type of conversation about Audio/Music do you really hate

:D ABBA is Fine. They do have some bangers but are overall too cheesy for my taste. When it comes to the 70s I prefer the rock/hard rock side of things
  4. A

Extreme Snake Oil

Better in a way that nothing is lost. I was often told that no matter how good your amp and speakers are, if your cable is insufficient, you will lose information thus compressing and diminishing the sound quality. But your explanations are really cool I must say. I’m not a scientific guy when...
  5. A

Extreme Snake Oil

Wait? Speaker cables too? My entire world is crumbling. There has to be better signal transmission with better speaker cables. I refuse to believe there isn’t. But I’m gonna watch some of those comparison videos. You’ve really invoked my interest now
  6. A

Well it has been scientifically proven that the type of music you listen until you’re 30 will determine what you listen to for the rest of your life so it’s only natural that people like the same stuff they liked 50 years ago Edit: Also your first paragraph is not entirely true. 20ish years ago...
  7. A

Extreme Snake Oil

I’ve bought one extra power cable for my integrated so far. It was 100 bucks so nothing too fancy. In your eyes still way too much sure, but I could hear a clear improvement in sound quality. Maybe it was just in my imagination. I don’t even know what to believe anymore after just a week on this...
  8. A

Extreme Snake Oil

Like I said there’s a limit for everything and if it’s just 1% quality improvement or at least 1% less static noise it’s not entirely worthless. And it’s not just the cable. It’s the connector itself as well. But isn’t this exactly what audiophiles get the most joy from? Minimal improvement for...
  9. A

Extreme Snake Oil

I actually don’t think expensive power cables are that snake-oily… In the end what we’re listening to is just electric current transformed into sound waves so good quality clean power can make a difference. Of course like for everything there’s the law of diminishing returns. What I think is...
  10. A

What’s your favourite Audio YouTuber?

I can’t say more that I tried it with different high-sensitivity speakers. They all became punchy and annoying with the big power amplifier. They played of course and it’s ok but the detailed balanced sound i got from small tubes. Your experiences may of course vary. Sorry if this isn’t...
  11. A

Because it’s overkill. Those extremely high sensitivity speakers usually sound the best with a small tube like 8-10wpc. With a high power endpoint you completely lose control over your speaker and makes it sound bloated unclear especially in the bass.
  12. A

Over the past few months I actually had several conversations about music that went like this: A: so do you like listening to music? B: sure, who doesn’t. A: ok which genre of music do you prefer? B. You know - I basically listen to everything A: (invisible eye roll) everythingl so do you like...
  13. A

i actually liked the guy. Maybe a bit arrogant and pretentious at times but good video quality and structure. But yesterday he posted a video which made me retroactively doubt everything he’s said so far. He actually paired a 102db sensitivity speaker with 200w monoblocks and wondered why it...
  14. A

Deathspell omega is so good. I wasn't sold on death metal, but their style really stuck with me even though they're basically mainstream at this point ;) Edit: I obviously mean black metal lol
  15. A

Tool isn’t metal. It’s Prog rock. And a very let’s say special kind of prog
  16. A

Hipster pop made me chuckle What are you listening to if I may ask?
  17. A

Well you made it sound like he listend to generic radio pop which is simply not true
  18. A

You gotta admit Darko has a very specific taste in music. Most is not my cup of tea but it’s certainly not something that everyone would listen to on a daily basis. I follow his playlists on Patreon and here I there I discover gems that I actually like.
  19. A

Dank pods is the shit. But I’d prefer him reviewing real audio products (and not necessarily only headphones) instead of this electronic meme garbage from the late 90s to early 2000s like the JIVE POD!
  20. A

It’s one of the reasons I don’t watch or listen to pod casts. Because it’s the same things over and over again for an hour, that could be compressed into 5-10 minutes. They’re just talking in circles no matter which topic they’re on. It’s really tedious.
Top Bottom