• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

pop music with female voices

DMill

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
A 35+ year old song in today's Top 10 Billboard and higher across the pond. Stranger Things have happened I guess.

Katebushhoundsoflove.png

Arianator26

Doesn't "pop" music have some sort of relevance to something more current than 40 years ago?
In my book not directly. Pop simply means popular. A lot of old songs are still popular and relevant today so they certainly fall in this category

Prana Ferox

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Doesn't "pop" music have some sort of relevance to something more current than 40 years ago?

The trick is finding modern 'pop' that isn't autotuned to hell and back. I'm assuming OP wasn't asking for "female voice sounding like it was pushed through an 808".

Also IMO the loss of broadcast FM radio as a common listening point (for good and bad) has really kind of blown up the notion of a common 'popular' genre.

Anyway I dig this girl's voice a ton

Top Bottom