• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What’s your favourite Audio YouTuber?

Daverz

Major Contributor
I just watch Erin and Amir these days. HionHiFi looks like it has potential. I don't bother with any of the subjective channels these days.

ta240

Major Contributor
I came across the guy but I’m not so sure. His incredibly slow talking and the many pauses are kinda off-putting. I almost fell asleep mid sentence the last time I clicked a video of his.
I had forgotten about the British Audiophile. I watched him when he first started and liked the videos but his reviews just got too slow and too flowery.
I know it takes effort when making videos to not talk way too fast; but a lot of the reviewers tend to go way too far to the side of a slow, calm speech pattern. It appears that that method works though as many of them are doing quite well with it.
There really does seem to be a level where they realize "All these followers can't be wrong, I must be awesome!" and they just really embrace the "you are getting sleepier, and sleepier, you won't change to watching a different video" voice pattern.
I guess it is like talk radio where if they didn't say the same thing over and over the show would be 5 minutes long. If the youtube people spoke at a normal rate and didn't throw every adjective and adverb they know into the video it would only take a couple of minutes.

Just imagine Tarun, Andrew and Darko in the same room all trying to out mellow the other guy.

DanielT

Major Contributor
One more. Has run a classic, 4:55 into the video. The wife hears differences.
(just the slightest kind of leading question and ... or something else ..)

Okay, people can believe what they want but you only get the feeling that ...::)

Last edited:
OP
A

Arianator26

I had forgotten about the British Audiophile. I watched him when he first started and liked the videos but his reviews just got too slow and too flowery.
I know it takes effort when making videos to not talk way too fast; but a lot of the reviewers tend to go way too far to the side of a slow, calm speech pattern. It appears that that method works though as many of them are doing quite well with it.
There really does seem to be a level where they realize "All these followers can't be wrong, I must be awesome!" and they just really embrace the "you are getting sleepier, and sleepier, you won't change to watching a different video" voice pattern.
I guess it is like talk radio where if they didn't say the same thing over and over the show would be 5 minutes long. If the youtube people spoke at a normal rate and didn't throw every adjective and adverb they know into the video it would only take a couple of minutes.

Just imagine Tarun, Andrew and Darko in the same room all trying to out mellow the other guy.
It’s one of the reasons I don’t watch or listen to pod casts. Because it’s the same things over and over again for an hour, that could be compressed into 5-10 minutes. They’re just talking in circles no matter which topic they’re on. It’s really tedious.

DanielT

Major Contributor
It’s one of the reasons I don’t watch or listen to pod casts. Because it’s the same things over and over again for an hour, that could be compressed into 5-10 minutes. They’re just talking in circles no matter which topic they’re on. It’s really tedious.
It has to do with lack to create drama, enchant the viewers. That in itself is an art form. No matter what you are going to convey. :D

tiramisu

Julian Krause is my favorite at the moment. I get very tired of product shills and people who say they can tell the difference between the devices with no audibly measurable differences. I wish there was an easy way to filter out the ones I don't want to see or hear from. AV has a tremendous number of charlatans.

OP
A

Arianator26

Dank pods by miles.
Dank pods is the shit. But I’d prefer him reviewing real audio products (and not necessarily only headphones) instead of this electronic meme garbage from the late 90s to early 2000s like the JIVE POD!

Plcamp

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Joseph Crowe.

MakeMineVinyl

Major Contributor
Don't watch audio related YouTube videos these days because they're useless for me, but my favorite non-audio one is Project Farm.

Katji

Major Contributor
Why Amir of ASR of Course! :cool:

LOL :) I was scrolling down, thinking "When am i going to get to..."

------
Anyway, DanielT said it very well.
I avoid going from embedded videos here in case youtube starts adding them back into...that sidebar suggestions list.

....Now that I think of it, I must go and Like the short power cable vid..........maybe then Amir will start showing up in the Suggested list.

REK2575

Cheap Audio Man. Just cause I enjoy a sense of humor and even though I disagree with him sometimes think he’s doing a lot of good proving the hi fi doesn’t have to be hi cost.
I find Cheap Audio Man entertaining if not especially insightful. I get a strong Zach Galifianakis vibe from him (which is a compliment in my book)

DanielT

Major Contributor
Someone in the comments once called him the Bob Ross of electronics. "Let's put a happy little resistor here"
This person?:)

Robert Norman Ross (October 29, 1942 – July 4, 1995) was an American painter, art instructor, and television host. He was the creator and host of The Joy of Painting, an instructional television program that aired from 1983 to 1994 on PBS in the United States, CBC in Canada, and similar channels in Latin America, Europe and elsewhere. Ross would subsequently become widely known through his posthumous internet presence.[1][2][3]

Instructions are the key word between them in that case. If I got it all right?:)

Last edited:
Top Bottom