Search results

1. O

Marantz Cinema 70S and MultEQ-X questions

Hi, I have been wanting to revise my current setup into something with the ability to have room correction. I have been considering the Eversolo DMP A6/A8 with a Purifi/Hypex amp. I’m now questioning if I would not be better off with something like the Cinema 70S as a processor into the same...
  2. O

Help with REW

Hi, I know that people have asked a million times for help with REW, but I have a few questions. I just received a UMIK-1 and last night I made my first measurements. I have gone through many different threads to help educate myself on REW. I am using REW on my Macbook. I have no means of...
  3. O

Apollon Purifi vs Hypex

Hi all, quick question. I’m looking at two amps from Apollon. The Purifi 1ET7040SA DM Luc Dual Mono Amplifier and the Hypex NCx500 DM Lux Dual Mono Amplifier. The Purifi is power rating is 250/500/950 watts at 8/4/2 ohms. The Hypex power rating is 380/700/700 watts at 8/4/2 ohms. Do people...
  4. O

Help with understanding sampling rate for DSP.

Hi, quick question. I’m looking at the DMP-A8 and its DSP capabilities. I see people talking about the fact that the DSP resamples hi res audio to 48khz. On this site I thought it was pretty well established that “hi res” audio (specifically its sampling rate for the purposes of this discussion)...
  5. O

Speaker ported vs plugged?

Hi, got some new speakers in and they came with optional port plugs. I did a very rudimentary experiment to see how they perform with and without the plugs. I plan on investing in REW/Umik in the future but for right now I used a free decibel reader on my IPhone and measured frequencies between...
  6. O

Converting fixed outputs to variable outputs?

Might be silly but I have a question. My integrated amp has 2 sets of rca outputs labeled recorder 1 and 2. I believe recorder outputs are fixed. Is there any way to convert one of these to be a variable output so that a subwoofer can be connected. I don’t need a sub right now but would like one...
  7. O

Panasonic DP-UB9000 question

Going to try and make this quick and to the point. Currently use a Marantz NA6006 to play music into my integrated amp via a SSD loaded with my FLAC files into the usb on the NA6006. Does anybody know about the “Digital Media Controller” option on the UB9000? I am looking to upgrade my 4K...
  8. O

Great performing Pre Amp in a full size chassis?

I’m considering changing my system around and building a system where each component measures excellently. In searching for a pre amp it would seem that the Topping Pre90 would be a no brainer, but aesthetics are very important to me. I’m looking for a pre amp in a normal size chassis that...
  9. O

Matching speaker and subwoofer types?

Are their any benefits to matching speaker and subwoofer types? My speakers have passive radiators. Are there any advantages to matching them with a subwoofer that uses a passive radiator? I’m asking beyond that inherit advantages and disadvantages that come with these different designs (sealed...
  10. O

KF92 High Pass Filter?

I am interested in the Kef KF92 due to it having speaker level inputs and also having a built in high pass filter. My integrated amp has no pre outs nor does it have any crossover features. My question is if anyone has any experience using the high pass filter on the sub. Does it degrade the...
  11. O

miniDSP Help

I am looking for some help/advice with a hypothetical path that I may take with my setup in the future. First I will layout my current system: Marantz NA6006 > Marantz PM KI RUBY > Focal Chora 826. Everything I am about to say is hypothetical as it is not all financially possible at once, but...
  12. O

Streamer Recommendations for Denafrips Pontus II

Hi guy, I’m considering getting a stand alone DAC and I’m leaning towards the Pontus II. I’m currently using a Marantz NA6006. I’m looking for the best streaming transport roughly under $1,000 (if I can spend less for the same quality that’s great). I primarily listen to music from an external...
  13. O

Sound characteristics of Purifi based amps?

Hi guys, I’ve seen a lot of talk on here about all the different amps that are using Purifi modules. I’m well aware that on this site many people love to talk about measurements and I enjoy learning about that, but I have not seen anyone talk about how these amps sound. Would love to hear some...
  14. O

Using an inline high pass filter?

Hi guys I’ve got a question about introducing an in line high pass filter to my system. I’ve got two different situations that I’d like to know about and that I will lay out below. I have an integrated amp that does not have pre outs or any form of bass management. I’m currently running tower...
Top Bottom