Search results

1. infinitesymphony

iPhone Speaker Audio (compressed, limited, distorted)

Sometimes I like the ultra-band-passed effect of listening to music on my phone's built-in speakers. It seems less distracting that way if I'm trying to focus on something else. So, I end up using the phone's speakers for a decent chunk of time every day. I recently upgraded from an aging...
  2. infinitesymphony

Shure SRH440 Headphones

I've been looking for a new set of headphones in the <$200 range. Every once in a while, I'll peruse the ranking section of the compiled AutoEq results: https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq/blob/master/results/RANKING.md Right now the Shure SRH440 (currently $79) are the #2 ranked...
  3. infinitesymphony

Centered volume knobs

I'd like to dedicate this thread to audio gear with centered volume knobs. #aesthetic Please post your favorites. And away we go: Yamaha RX-V6A / TSR-700 Pioneer Elite A-35R Mackie Big Knob Passive JDS Labs Atom
  4. infinitesymphony

<$100 Bluetooth headphone measurement sites

Are there any lesser-known sites that have a number of inexpensive Bluetooth headphone measurements? Here at ASR, I've seen some individual-run homebrew wired headphone measurement sites shared that have been illuminating. I'm familiar with rtings.com and while I do appreciate their dedication...
  5. infinitesymphony

Has anyone measured Emotiva BasX A-100's speaker output performance?

I'm on the hunt for an integrated speaker amp for a small room system, and while I had been hoping that Topping's offerings like the MX3 and PA3 would be suitable, their performance has been lackluster. My baseline amp for this purpose is the discontinued Pioneer Elite A-35R, which was $200 new...
  6. infinitesymphony

SNR of aux input vs. cassette tape adapter in cars

Is anyone aware of tests that have been done to measure the SNR of aux inputs vs. cassette tape adapters in cars? The general consensus seems to guess that the cassette tape adapter would fare worse, but I am curious to know how much worse it measures (if at all).
  7. infinitesymphony

Streaming device with lip sync adjustment

I'm trying to find a streaming device (supports Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, et al) that has a lip sync adjustment setting. No matter what I try--Game mode, default settings, you name it--the audio is always slightly behind the video on my TV. It's close enough that others may not notice, but it...
Top Bottom