Search results

1. C. Cook

Oppo BDP-93 - Free to a good home. I just need shipping paid.

I couldn't delete the thread, but I've received enough messages such that I'm going through them in order. If it falls through, I'll edit this again, but for now the Oppo is considered taken.
  2. C. Cook

Does anyone know if there's a US/Canada distributor/retailer for PMC Speakers?

Specifically looking for the new Prodigy 1 bookshelf speakers. https://pmc-speakers.com/home-audio/prodigy I've been unable to find any US retailers at all for that model.
  3. C. Cook

Sale postings restricted to forum donors but I need to move a Nord Purifi integrated amp.

Any suggestions? It's not like the typical US Audio Mart or western hemisphere Hi-Fi Shark consumer knows about these things. Mine has the remote and like 4 inputs and I don't need it anymore but from what I gather I have to contribute an arbitrary (?) amount at Audiosciencereview to mention or...
  4. C. Cook

Anyone else see this WaPo story on the vinyl thing?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts-entertainment/interactive/2022/perfect-sound-quality-vinyl-records/ As a side note, the dude who serves as the basis for most of the article looks like a sucker for snake oil. He doesn't seem to mind what looks like someone spo...ed on that top woofer cone.
  5. C. Cook

Here I go again - Discussion/Recommendations on a MM Phono Pre-Amp Stage w/ Actual Volume Control?

I decided to edit this post so as to save anyone who might spend any real effort replying some time. By all means I'm happy for any discussion to keep going, but I did discover an old Adcom preamp in my attic with a phono input and it sounds great using some XLR-RCA adaptor cables and a Nobsound...
  6. C. Cook

Quick question on phono cartridges.

I've got a U-Turn Audio Orbit Special TT with what I guess (?) is a top mount headshell. I recently found a good deal on an Ortofon 2M Bronze cartridge, but it's the "Verso" version that I think (?) is a bottom mount. It has the two screws already in place and it looks like you're supposed to...
  7. C. Cook

Can anyone recommend a good turntable w/ cartridge that costs less than $1k?

I've inherited a ton of old vinyl from my dad and finally have room for a turntable in the living room. Plan is to buy a decent phono stage pre-amp and use one of the Nobosound switch boxes to select between the RME DAC and the turntable/preamp. I usually buy used but have very little...
  8. C. Cook

For sale Hypex NC502MP stereo amp module with basic chassis

I figured the general forum would be the best place to post this. Please notify if I have chosen the wrong spot. I'm thinking about selling a brand new Hypex NC502MP module along with this simple little case that the original unit came to me in. The original NC502mp failed most likely due to a...
  9. C. Cook

Rare Find - Benchmark AHB-2 Used for $500 off retail.

https://tmraudio.com/benchmark-ahb2-stereo-power-amplifier-black/ Just in case anyone's looking for one. I would have bought it myself if I hadn't already purchased two amps in the past month and a half.
  10. C. Cook

VTV Hypex NC1200 Tear Down and Recommendation

Figured I'd put up a post on the matter after exchanging pics with another member. Bought the VTV Hypex NC1200 build using on-board buffers before Christmas and just had the chance to take the lid off and get some pics this evening. As always, if this goes against any forum rules, please let me...
  11. C. Cook

Why aren't audio (.mp3, etc.) uploads allowed at ASR?

I was trying to share an audio file in a private chat (which follows the exact same format as public forums) and discovered that ASR won't allow me to upload an .mp3? Just photos! Really? At an audio site?
  12. C. Cook

Anyone tried or tested the PS Audio LanRover?

I did a search here at ASR and came up with nothing. I was just reading an interview with an engineer/speaker designer that I respect and he says he has the PS Audio Lan Rover in his otherwise very solid personal system. I'm on the snake oil side of the fence with this type of product (and...
  13. C. Cook

SOLD!!!:NC500 modules x3 and a couple of stock buffer boards and Hypex terminated/unterminated cables:SOLD!!!

Hypex NC500 modules x3 (unused), Hypex SMPS3k700 power supply, a few factory buffer boards and several Sparkos voltage regulators (+ and -) and SS2590 long leg 6-pin op-amps x5 for sale. I've also got a nice (mostly) pre-machined aluminum case with cutouts on the back panel for a 3-channel...
Top Bottom