Search results

1. B

Topping DX3PRO+ vs E30 as a pre-amp

Was wondering if anyone had any knowledge or thoughts on which of these would have a better pre-amp to drive active speakers. My thinking is that as the DX3PRO+ is also a headphone amp that the pre-amp part might be slightly better than using the volume control on the E30 dac. any thoughts out...
  2. B

Topping E50 & D30pro current pricing?

Was looking at a few sites tonight and noticed that prices of these 2 dacs and their matching head amps have remained at the 11.11 sale price. E50 - $199 D30pro- $299 Does anyone know if Topping are discontinuing these models with the release of the E70? The E50 seems a bargain for a really...
  3. B

Topping E50 Coaxial Drop Out issues

Have been happily using my Topping E50 dac between Bluesound node and amp via coaxial cable for a few months until the last few days. Out of nowhere, it's now having the drop outs that plagued the D30pro, E30 and D50s. I've tested the node and same cable with my other dacs and there are no...
  4. B

Topping Quality Control/Reliability

Interested to hear thoughts on Topping quality control and reliability. Thinking back to the L30 debacle, the recent PA5 issues and now in the space of a week, there have been 2 reasonable You Tube reviewers who have had issues. Josh Valour reviewed A90 discrete and when using the single...
  5. B

Topping DX7 Pro+

New combo dac/amp has been teased on Topping Facebook page. Same case as DX5, look forward to seeing details.
  6. B

Headphone Amp Gain

Question regarding gain settings on a headphone amp. Would it be better to run medium gain at 2 o'clock or high gain at 10 o'clock?
  7. B

Headphone amp - voltage vs current

I'm hoping someone can explain this to me in layman's terms. How would one know if a headphone amp puts out good current to drive a lower impedance headphone. I sort of understand that for higher impedance cans like say a HD650 at 300ohms, lots of voltage is required to create the power to...
  8. B

Topping MX5

Was wondering if anyone has tried this newly released all in 1. Thinking it might be perfect for a small office setup.
  9. B

SMSL D300 Dac

Has anyone had any experience with the Dac chip in this new SMSL dac, personally have not heard it. Rohm BD34301EKV https://www.smsl-audio.com/portal/product/detail/id/771.html
  10. B

SMSL SU-9n

New SMSL Dac, same as SU-9 but without MQA. https://shenzhenaudio.com/collections/all/products/smsl-su-9n-es9038pro-dac-xmos-dsd512-pcm768khz-32bit-bluetooth-5-0-ldac-usb-balanced-decoder Gets a US$60 drop in price
  11. B

Dedicated Headphone Amp vs Integrated Amp Headphone Out

For the uninformed among us, here's hoping someone can explain the pros and cons of a dedicated headphone amp over using the headphone output on my integrated Amp. I have a Hegel H120 and the headphone output on it seems to be really good at driving my 3 sets of cans, HD6xx, DT770PRO 80ohm and...
  12. B

Balanced heaphone output louder?

This may seem a silly question but please indulge me. On a fully balanced headphone amp, e.g. Topping A90, being fed a balanced signal from say a D90, would the output volume be louder using the balanced output or would the volume be the same as the 6.3mm single ended output? I'm trying to...
  13. B

Is RCA to XLR safe or can it cause damage

I'm using a SMSL DA9 which has 1 set of rca inputs and 1 set of xlr inputs. I'm using the rca inputs from a topping e30 and was wanting to connect another source that only has rca out. If I use a rca to xlr cable to connect to the da9, will it work or can it damage the amp? I realize it will...
Top Bottom