Search results

1. Chr1

Interesting aspects of modern music production...

Interesting article in Musicradar... https://www.musicradar.com/news/the-ultimate-guide-to-modern-dynamics-processors-where-does-this-technology-go-from-here-have-we-pushed-it-to-its-potential-or-is-there-more-to-come
  2. Chr1

Dumb question...

Am I right in thinking that the only clipping that can damage speakers is at the power amp? ie any clipping upstream just sounds bad? Thanks in advance.
  3. Chr1

Anyone unable to upload photos at the moment?...

Just tried post a photo to a thread and couldn't. Appears greyed out and wondering if anyone else has this happening at the moment?
  4. Chr1

Interesting new fanless Windows11 MiniPC...

https://www.minix.com.hk/products/z100-0db-fanless-n100-mini-pc Been using Minix Android media boxes for several years and reckon they are very good re both hardware and software, so I may well be looking at one of these if I decide I want/need Win11. Looks good.
  5. Chr1

Clipping in headphones...

Apologies if this has been covered already. Just curious as to whether clipping in/with headphones is a thing? Don't think that I have encountered it myself as I don't go crazy with the volume when using them personally. Nonetheless I am curious as to the signs and consequences... Are they...
  6. Chr1

Bizarre new audio product alert!...

https://www.devdiscourse.com/article/technology/2763153-lg-to-showcase-dukebox-and-other-innovative-lg-labs-products-at-ces-2024 Love this bit: "...or create a cozy ambiance with a visible vacuum tube amidst flickering flames. " Wonder if it has an option to emit the acrid smell of a dieing...
  7. Chr1

What's your active speaker/sub idle power usage?

Just curious after a similar thread re power amplifier idle power consumption... Me: Neumann KH310: 25W (x2) BK XXLS400FF sub: 12W (x2) Definitely cheaper to run than my other preferred option (big passives + valves)
  8. Chr1

Can I use "Headphone out" instead of "Line Out" into Denon RCD-M39DAB?

Probably a bad idea but I would like to use my DAP as a source when I go to my lockup garage. It has no "line out", only "headphone out". Is this a bad idea or is it okay if I keep the volume on the DAP relatively low? The specs of the DAP are below. Thanks...
  9. Chr1

Speaker vs headphone review target EQ

Just curious as to why, in reviews the ideal speaker EQ is essentially flat whereas for headphones/IEMs the target EQ is not? Thanks.
  10. Chr1

Tiny Desktop Subwoofers

Interesting looking option for desktop listening... Themoguide’s ZRS-1 Desktop Subwoofers
  11. Chr1

New Fanless mini PC with 4G, HDMI audio out

Looks interesting for a low power streamer... Firefly’s Station P2S mini PC
  12. Chr1

Paid vs Free Room EQ for Stereo

I am wondering what advantages paid DSP software such as DIRAC has over the cheaper/free options for stereo playback? I use MathAudio's RoomEQ, which is free for use with Foobar2000. It has made a massive improvement in sound quality for me as I previously didn't use any DSP/room correction. I...
  13. Chr1

"New Threads" in addition to "New Posts"/"What's New" in Menu...

Reckon it would be great to have a "New Threads" item in the drop down main menu as well as the existing "What's New"/"New Posts" (From what I can make out, these two are the same.) I often want to find new threads but the only way this is easily done is if there have been no replys via...
  14. Chr1

List threads by age?

Possibly a stupid question but... Is it possible to view threads by age somehow? Primarily browse on my phone... Hoping to view newly started threads not simply ones with recently added posts. Thanks!
  15. Chr1

Topping E50 TRS out-> RCA Switchbox - > Monitor XLR In: OK?

So I am trying to figure out the best way to connect a Topping E50 to both a pair of active monitors with XLR balanced inputs and a pair of active subs with unbalanced inputs. I would like to use an unbalanced switchbox between the DAC and the monitors if possible, so that I can switch between...
  16. Chr1

SMSL Volume display question

Just wondering if anyone knows which of the SMSL DACs display the output volume as default as opposed to the sample rate? I am looking for a new DAC with both balanced and unbalanced outputs... Many thanks in advance!
  17. Chr1

Your AVR power draw at idle?

I am curious to know what other people's AVRs draw at idle. I have a Pioneer SC-LX86 which draws around 80W at idle... If you have a power meter, why not post yours here for comparison? Thanks!
  18. Chr1

Strange varying AVR power usage.

Wondering if anyone has any ideas as to why my AVR power consumption seems to be fluctuating... I have been using a cheap plug in power meter to check the power consumption of my various bits of audio hardware, and my AVR consumption appears to have two different levels! When I first plugged it...
  19. Chr1

MCACC Questions

Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for reliable sources of information on using MCACC? As with most information online there seems to be a lot of conflicting information out there. I am using it on a Pioneer SC-LX86. Thanks in advance!
  20. Chr1

Passive Crossover Question... Power loss?

I am using a pair of pro-audio Tannoy V12s designed for sound reinforcement which are intended for use with subs, which is currently what I am doing (3 x active). I am curious as to whether the crossovers within the Tannoys which presumably cut the frequencies below 70 Hz, merely dissipate the...
Top Bottom