• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping E50 TRS out-> RCA Switchbox - > Monitor XLR In: OK?

Chr1

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
So I am trying to figure out the best way to connect a Topping E50 to both a pair of active monitors with XLR balanced inputs and a pair of active subs with unbalanced inputs. I would like to use an unbalanced switchbox between the DAC and the monitors if possible, so that I can switch between the DAC and my AVR for use as preamps. (The AVR being the other input to the switchbox. The switchbox itself is a simple two x RCAs in, one x RCAs out passive selector.)

I was hoping to just use a pair of TRS to RCA converters (plugs or cables) for the Topping balanced outputs to the switchbox, and use the unbalanced Topping outputs to the two subs Obviously I don't want to do this if I will be risking damage to anything so was hoping for some advice.

Many thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Top Bottom