• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

"New Threads" in addition to "New Posts"/"What's New" in Menu...

Chr1

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Reckon it would be great to have a "New Threads" item in the drop down main menu as well as the existing "What's New"/"New Posts" (From what I can make out, these two are the same.)

I often want to find new threads but the only way this is easily done is if there have been no replys via "Unanswered Threads"...

Unfortunately otherwise this usually means a lot of scrolling through "What's New"/"New Posts".
Not sure how easy it would be to implement but would be curious to know what other peeps think?

Last edited:

Tatr76

I use the first message filter which seems to sort into latest created threads in relevant section. Not 100% sure this solves said problem.

OP
Chr1

Chr1

Forum Donor
Thanks for the information. Please could you explain how you do this?
(And apologies for my ignorance!)

Tatr76

Works with specific sections like

Speaker Reviews, Measurements and Discussion

Go to category then filter option on top right and sort by first message descending. Under pinned comments they will now be in order of last created date wise. Does not solve problem globaly but only as I say on relevant topics chosen.

OP
Chr1

Chr1

Forum Donor
Great, thanks. As you say, it would be great if we could do this globally. Anyone aware of who/how I could flag this up with? Thanks again.

OP
Chr1

Chr1

Forum Donor
...Also, I can't quite see the logic in having What's New linking to most recent posts as opposed to threads.
Generally, once you find a thread you are interested in, you can follow it and get updates.
I think most people would find it more useful for the What's New link to link to newest threads instead personally. Much less time spent scrolling through the most popular threads, which by default are top of the list.
Oh well.

Top Bottom