• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Bizarre new audio product alert!...

Chr1

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

Love this bit:
"...or create a cozy ambiance with a visible vacuum tube amidst flickering flames. "

Wonder if it has an option to emit the acrid smell of a dieing amps "magic smoke" just to worry ones friends for a laugh too... :facepalm:

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I guess this is the next logical step after a "preamp" box with tubes lit up but not in the signal path.

JustJones

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Can I make it dark enough so I can't see the tubes?

In addition, the adjustable transparency of the OLED display adds a captivating visual effect reminiscent of a vacuum tube audio system enclosed in a transparent glass box.

OP
Chr1

Chr1

Forum Donor
... Or just the flames ala the old fake "living flame" electric heaters...

Visible tube plus flames being the David Lynch style surreal combo. Aka the "Dieing Tube Amp." look

Multicore

Major Contributor
At first glance the picture looks like it's a gift presentation case of high priced brown liquors.

Maybe that's how they devised the product. Do you think it could be the output of an LLM AI product pitch machine? Inputs were 1) audio consumer electronics, 2) the demo, 3) Google images of the kind of luxuries they like to indulge in.

devdiscourse . com isn't working so well so here's the image for you. Google LG DukeBox for more media coverage

1704202743635.jpeg

Last edited:

anmpr1

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I've been waiting for someone to bring back vacuum tube TVs, and resurrect the jukebox. But I didn't think it would happen all at once, so soon and in such a complete and compact package. With a fireplace option.

Now I can go ahead and die. I mean, what else is there to live for?

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
just install an OLED 4k screen and play videos of tubes burning?

plus side is you can display VU meters when you feel like it too

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I've been waiting for someone to bring back vacuum tube TVs, and resurrect the jukebox. But I didn't think it would happen all at once, so soon and in such a complete and compact package. With a fireplace option.

Jukeboxes with all their mechanical goings on are way cool. Don't die over this.

OP
Chr1

Chr1

Forum Donor
Agree 100%.
Though a tad on the bulky side, they are way cooler than this strange contraption imho..

cochlea

Forum Donor
I just read a similar article about this new product on Engadget. Here is snippet of the article writer’s description of it:

“Vacuum tube audio has been around for over 100 years and is beloved for its ability to produce a warm sound quality that highlights each instrument — almost creating the sense that musicians are playing the music live.”

:facepalm:

wwenze

Major Contributor

Bring back affordable housing first, else how would you fit all these oversized boomer technology

OP
Chr1

Chr1

Forum Donor
Doubt it will sell too well. There's no way to play the clearly superior medium of vinyl. WTF.

OP
Chr1

Chr1

Forum Donor
Wonder if there's comprehensive inbuilt DSP.
That would be weird...

Last edited:

Anton D

I guess this is the next logical step after a "preamp" box with tubes lit up but not in the signal path.
I remember some company did that but can't recall who it was!

Vincent had a 'near scandal'....http://www.lampizator.eu/lampizator/REFERENCES/Vincent/Vincent%20CD-S6%20CD%20player%20upgrade.html

There was one from the small import group of companies that had a tube that was not in the circuit, I will keep looking.

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
At first glance the picture looks like it's a gift presentation case of high priced brown liquors.

Maybe that's how they devised the product. Do you think it could be the output of an LLM AI product pitch machine? Inputs were 1) audio consumer electronics, 2) the demo, 3) Google images of the kind of luxuries they like to indulge in.

devdiscourse . com isn't working so well so here's the image for you. Google LG DukeBox for more media coverage

View attachment 339037
At first glance, I thought it was a tube driven space heater.

Wolf

Books are not positioned on shelves like that, and who has a concrete pylon laying in their den to place this on?

Top Bottom