Search results

1. E

Wii pro 15% off Amazon deal - going fast

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BJDY6D1W/?coliid=I1BZPOPGGHWGEF&colid=CJ36NTB678O8&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
  2. E

Big subs vs Small subs

So I was considering the pros and cons of large vs small subwoofers. Clearly if you need to reproduce 10hz at 100+ db you need a large driver, something from JTR, Funk etc. But what if you're producing 20 hz at 90db? Does a large driver, say 18" sound different than a small driver, say 12"...
  3. E

Which DAC to combine with LA4?

Rather than pay $1700 for the DAC3B it seems reasonable that one of the high performing DACs in the Review Index would do the job just as well, but which one? Am I right to avoid a volume control as that already exists in the LA4? The DAC3B puts out 24 volts, way more than others but my...
  4. E

Paradigm XR-13: Customer experience

I saw Gene's brief YouTube intro regarding these subs and was intrigued enough to add a pair (XR-13) to my existing 7.2 HT system. The existing subs are JLA f113v2s and it makes for an interesting comparison. The subs arrived very well packaged and without apparent damage. I ordered dark...
  5. E

Corvette or 911

I've been debating the purchase of an STR preamp or miniDSP SHD and it reminded me of all the old Car and Driver comparisons between the 911 and Corvette. Expensive, elegant and sophisticated or blue collar rough around the edges but less expensive. So, I have a nice quiet amp (AHB2) and want...
  6. E

Anthem Spring Sale 15%

Limited to MRX and AVM 70 Feb 15 - March 31 US and Canada only
  7. E

How important is burst power?

I’m looking to purchase a stereo amp for a 2.1 setup. The Audiophonics purifi based amp that Amir reviewed recently looks ideal except that it has very little power reserve for intermittent peaks in high dynamic range recordings. In general quality AB amps have substantial power reserves. The...
  8. E

Revel b110v2 or b112v2 experience?

These are on a major sale right now and while beautiful to look at the specs published at Revel don't show much depth, esp compared to a less expensive offering like the SVS SB3000. Just wondering if anyone has one or more of these and can share their experience. I read that Revel also blind...
  9. E

Anthem sale AVM70

$500 off Anthem AVM70 8K Black Friday sale
  10. E

Benchmark increases prices by $300

Just checked their site and the AHB2, HPA4 and LA4 are all up by $300. ouch.
  11. E

SOLD: Revel 228be walnut

Beautiful speakers, about 2 years old. $5800 local pickup only. I did not keep the original boxes; they were huge!
  12. E

FS: Bluesound Node 2i

Bluesound Node 2i $420 includes paypal fees and shipping to continental US. Local pickup $375 (zip code 95616)
  13. E

Phase adjustment failure with STR preamp and ARC Genesis

I've tried everything I can think of, including a factory reset on my STR preamp, and still can't get past this problem. Hopefully one of our members has encountered this and found a solution. The STR has the latest firmware and the ARC Genesis program is the latest version. I connect the STR...
  14. E

ASR Annual Awards

I think we need ASR annual awards. Not the typical "Best Amplifier" stuff you see in the mags but awards that are of actual use to folks looking to buy. For example, "Best UI in a Streamer", "Most Transformative Component" (I would lobby for the STR preamp), "Best Engineered DAC", "Most...
  15. E

Is it important to have uniform amplification across the LCR channels?

I was investigating Perlisten speakers for my 7.4 HT system (details below) and in emails with Matt Poes he mentioned as an aside that having uniform amplification across the LCR channels would be ideal. At the time I had March P701 monoblocks for R/L and an AHB2 in mono for the center. I...
  16. E

AVM90 available tomorrow :)

The Anthem web site has a big splash announcing AVM90 availability as of March 21.
  17. E

Withdrawn: March Audio P701 monoblocks

no longer for sale
  18. E

Secrets Q&A with John Siau

A recent interview with John Siau was published in the Secrets of HT and High Fidelity. https://hometheaterhifi.com/editorial/oped/secrets-qa-with-john-siau-of-benchmark-media-systems/ I enjoyed getting further insight into the AHB2 and was particularly intrigued by one point made by John Siau...
  19. E

SOLD: Bluesound Node 2i mint

Original buyer, looks and works as new. $475 includes shipping and PayPal fees (continental US only). Includes all accessories and original shipping materials.
  20. E

Removed: Anthem STR Power Amplifier

No longer available
Top Bottom