• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Phase adjustment failure with STR preamp and ARC Genesis

ex audiophile

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I've tried everything I can think of, including a factory reset on my STR preamp, and still can't get past this problem. Hopefully one of our members has encountered this and found a solution. The STR has the latest firmware and the ARC Genesis program is the latest version.
I connect the STR preamp to the local network using an Ethernet connection (I've also tried with a direct USB connection) and start the ARC Genesis program on my windows laptop (Win 10 and just tried Win 11). The program works flawlessly, taking measurements and calculating distances until the last step, phase adjustment. I have a pair of bookshelf speakers and one sub. I click on start for phase adjustment and there is a brief pause before getting the error message that, roughly, states ARC cannot find an ARC compatible device on the network. This despite the fact that the program "sees" the STR and completes all of the calibration prior to phase adjustment.
Any and all suggestions welcome, I've tried Anthem support 4 times now with zero response. Given that they don't have covid to blame anymore I have to wonder what the hell is going on at Anthem. I've purchased many of their components, including the new AVM90 and they can't even respond. Go figure.

OP
E

ex audiophile

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Did you ever get this issue resolved? I'm considering upgrading to the the STR preamp in the future.
Not as yet, this is the latest from Anthem support, haven't tried it yet. I now use Windows 11, but had the same problem with Win10.

"Hi Phil,

I am using 1.6.10, I'm assuming this is what you meant.

Since we are both using USB I would like you to follow the steps below to see if the problem persists.

Ensure that your 1.6.10 profile is loaded onto the STR.
Close all instances of ARC using task manager, or restart your computer just to be sure that all instances of ARC are closed.
Turn off the STR, disconnect the power cable, push the power button several times, reconnect the power cable.
Turn on the STR.
Open your 1.6.10 ARC profile.
Immediately start the phase correction, do not re-upload the ARC profile.

If this process doesn't help please let me know if you are using Mac or Windows. I apologize if this was previously mentioned and I missed it.

Jamie Z.
Technical Advisor
Paradigm / Anthem AV"

Top Bottom