• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AVM90 available tomorrow :)

Descartes

Major Contributor
Only two years since it was first announced!

Hopefully it lives up to the hype.

AudiOhm

I am interested in an Anthem AVM 70, hopefully there are a plethora of used ones for sale soon...

Ohms

OP
E

ex audiophile

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Received my AVM90 about 10 days ago. It took the ARC Genesis beta program just over 20 minutes to phase match my 4 subs with my mains. Absolutely stunning results. I know, subjective, but when you experience the result of 4 big subs and your mains hitting you at precisely the same time it's a revelation. I thought I knew what "tight" bass was but I've been missing out for years. When we experienced the first explosion in an action movie my wife and I actually jumped in our seats, it was that intense. Worth every penny.

Descartes

Major Contributor
Received my AVM90 about 10 days ago. It took the ARC Genesis beta program just over 20 minutes to phase match my 4 subs with my mains. Absolutely stunning results. I know, subjective, but when you experience the result of 4 big subs and your mains hitting you at precisely the same time it's a revelation. I thought I knew what "tight" bass was but I've been missing out for years. When we experienced the first explosion in an action movie my wife and I actually jumped in our seats, it was that intense. Worth every penny.
Very sweet it is on my list! Looking forward to upgrade from my AVM60!
Does it have HDMi 2.1?

OP
E

ex audiophile

Forum Donor
Very sweet it is on my list! Looking forward to upgrade from my AVM60!
Does it have HDMi 2.1?
It does, only pending feature is Roon which I don't use but of course many do. I also upgraded from an AVM60; you will be delighted :)))

Vacceo

Major Contributor
It does, only pending feature is Roon which I don't use but of course many do. I also upgraded from an AVM60; you will be delighted :)))
Never get gear on the basis of promised features. You did well. :)

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Any news on having Amir or Erin review the AVM90?
Every time I ask them they say they are about to send me one. But it does not happen.

Vacceo

Major Contributor
Have you also used Audyssey or Dirac? I´m curious about comparisons and your experience.

OP
E

ex audiophile

Forum Donor
Have you also used Audyssey or Dirac? I´m curious about comparisons and your experience.
I used Dirac recently but it was a two channel setup using the NAD M33. I cannot say anything about the results because I found it tedious and much less user friendly than ARC. I returned the M33 so I don't know how it would have turned out. And I understand the bass management is an extra cost add-on. No recent experience with Audyssey; Audioholics has some videos/articles on the latest version. I have no dog in the fight but with the superb Anthem web interface, the latest improvements (speaker distance/phase matching for up to 4 subs) and ease of use I don't think it has any competition other than the more exotic programs, thinking Trinnov, etc. which are better left to the pros IMO.

I kept putting off the pain of learning REW/mini DSP and now I don't feel any need to go that direction.

Vacceo

Major Contributor
Considering the connectivity, this processor may be the best in the market. We just need to see if the engineering excellence comes along too.

Descartes

Major Contributor
Considering the connectivity, this processor may be the best in the market. We just need to see if the engineering excellence comes along too.
I can’t wait to see how it measure before spending so much $$$

Triggerhappy

I moved to AVM90 from Arcam AV40 with Addition of full Dirac Bassmanagement ( 8x 12”, two 12”in each box,each in their own sealed cavity). After all that Sub talk, the biggest difference that came to me directly is outright clarity ewerywhere, sound is just crisper and dynamically bigger and dryer from the AVM. And i use the tools aviable so performance is with Dirac and ARC. Now i have absolutley no messurments to back this up, so im eagerly awaiting my highly subjective rant to be backed up or shot down by objective messurments. Regarding the sub handling, both are really good and sounds very boring but probably correct right out of the box as they all are, my house curve is pretty bass lifted and both Pre’s handle phase and timing very well as for bass dryness given the room‘s not playing along to much. But thats the battle, my journey says subs seldomly are the problem…the room/placements is… hello by the way, second post here after 2 years of enjoying reading incognito.

Last edited:
Top Bottom