Search results

1. Dunring

Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro X Limited Edition Review

I just got a pair of the new DT770 Pro X headphones and here's a quick summary until measurements are done. I purchased this preview version myself, so no conflict of interest if you buy one or not. More photos attached to the post, so it doesn't clutter things up. I've had every Beyerdynamic...
  2. Dunring

Spring-Loaded Screw Turns Drywall Into Sound-Absorbing Panels

I was going through bookmarks and found this. It may be help for people with speakers (I just do headphones, have neighbors on both sides with a townhouse). If you're use these with Quietrock, which absorbs 7 times more sound than regular drywall you might get some good results. I've hung...
  3. Dunring

If Windows update KB5034765 disables your sound devices - Fix

I just got to installing Windows update KB5034765 and it knocked out all sound devices. They worked, but no sound was coming from them. I managed two PC repair shops so it was a quick fix, but not one mentioned in the Youtube videos or MS support messages. If you have a DAC, just remove it from...
  4. Dunring

Post your audio themed decorating ideas and photos.

Time for some fun! I bought some neon LED signs to get attention on my eBay listings. They look cool I decided to make a list of all the different ones for decorating with a musical, gaming or home theater theme. We've got distortion free, affordably priced gear now, why not have some fun with...
  5. Dunring

Doesn't 1/4" RCA negate the benefits of XLR connectors?

A lot of stuff is going to 1/4" RCA, and I have adapters and also 1/4" to XLR cables. I just saw some "Worlds Best" cables advertising the star quad design and they were 1/4" to XLR as well. Doesn't the RCA end completely remove the benefits of XLR though? Audibly I can't tell any difference in...
  6. Dunring

Are IEMs going to put headphone makers out of business?

Well I've had the 7hz Salnotes Zero:2 for a week and it's replaced a lot of things I used to use every day. With the advances they've made it seems headphone makers with their big price tags might be in serious trouble. I've had the Heddphone and Audivina, and wouldn't trade the Zero:2 for...
  7. Dunring

Creative Aurvana Ace 2 Review

I just got the Creative Labs Aurvana Ace2 today and had a few hours to compare to other IEM's. Recently I've had the Sennheiser Momentum 2, 3 and Jabra Elite 85t to compare. Here's a quick summary since most of the information out there is press releases or a couple of people who had brief...
  8. Dunring

Creative Aurvana solid state ear buds starts taking pre-orders 11/10/23

Creative is taking pre-orders for the new xMEMS solid state driver ear buds. I'm going to grab a pair to hear for myself if there's anything major about how the tech works/sounds. I'm ignoring reviews until I get a pair, just to spare the hype train ride. https://us.creative.com/aurvanatws/
  9. Dunring

For Sale 5 Pack Tested Samsung ETA0U60JBE Chargers For DACs

I did a large buy of the Samsung ETA0U60JBE phone chargers and tested them with a USB power meter to make sure they're over the 700ma they're rated for. $10 plus shipping and I can send a PayPal invoice, but for International orders my eBay listing is setup to handle those for all the different...
  10. Dunring

Vacuum Tube Wireless Headphones Hit The Market

This looks cool in theory, going to wait on reviews from someone credible though. $399 doesn't seem bad if the sound is worth it, same price range as Bose and Sony. https://www.cultofmac.com/830180/is-the-world-ready-for-vacuum-tube-wireless-headphones/
  11. Dunring

Adding a parser addon for Amazon affiliate links to support the site automatically

Xenforo has parsing addons to automatically add the ASR affiliate ID to links Amazon posts here, which could add up to quite a bit to support the site. A search shows the different ones: https://xnforo.ir/search/101636/?q=amazon+parser&o=date Easy to just plug in your ID, and any Amazon links...
  12. Dunring

Solid State driver IEM on the horizon

Just came across this and it looks pretty interesting. Using solid state drivers instead of the traditional designs. Going to set a Google alert in case something comes to market using this design. For IEMs/Ear buds they might use less power as well, for better battery life...
  13. Dunring

SMSL M300SE firmware update to 1.1 available

Just got an email that the SMSL M300SE firmware 1.1 is available now. https://www.smsl-audio.com/portal/product/support
  14. Dunring

USB power meter that detects fake Apple chargers

I use a cheap USB power meter, but came across this one that can ID the device for things like telling if an Apple charger is real or a fake without taking it apart. It's the ChargerLAB POWER-Z KM003C and much cheaper on Aliexpress for $70 plus some other discounts on it. Not sure if I'd use it...
  15. Dunring

Hifiman Arya Stealth measuring 45 ohms?

I recently bought a claimed Hifiman Arya Stealth and it sounds good (have had the regular one) but on the multimeter it measures 45 ohms. I've calibrated this with other headphones and the meter is always accurate. Also I tried two cables, a factory Hifiman and Hart Cables and both read the...
  16. Dunring

SMSL released v 5.58 of their USB DAC driver

Just noticed a new SMSL driver released v 5.58 and the file inside dated 6/7/23 but filename includes 5-25. Topping is still at 5.5.7 unless it's newer to you. No release notes, probably just to cover the newest products. Also a couple of new firmware updates added I didn't see last week.
  17. Dunring

Hifiman Audivina arrived today

Just arrived, haven't had a chance to open the Zero Red yet. I'm on the loaner program for 2 weeks so I'll be using these exclusively with the same SMSL SU-8s and SP200 just for consistency. They're easy to power, in low gain mode I would never go above 50 percent volume. I have to desire to EQ...
  18. Dunring

Fairphone comes out with repairable wireless headphones

This looks promising, tuned by Sonarworks, will keep a look out on the secondary market for them. The user replaceable battery and looks like one tool to take it all apart are nice, depends how it sounds of course. For $275 it better sound amazing, lots of competition in that price bracket...
  19. Dunring

Easy way to remove Hifiman pads on different models

I've had all the Hifiman models up to the Arya, but didn't see any good tutorials on how to safely remove the pads on the various models. On the secondary market I see a lot of ripped pads on stuff for sale, so here's a quick trick for each type. For the Ananda, Edition XX/XS, or Arya type...
  20. Dunring

Do ohm resistors help the sound for high impedance amps and ear buds?

I've been checking out some of the 3.5mm adapters that provide resistance since I've gotten into low ohm IEM's lately. Couldn't find specific information on what they drop the ohm rating to though. Some amps like the SMSL SP200 output 12 ohms, so trying to determine if they would prevent...
Top Bottom