Search results

1. DanielT

Swedish composer becomes Spotify’s most-famous musician you’ve never heard of

Fascinating what is most listened to these days: Johan Röhr’s 2,700 songs have been streamed 15bn times and have more plays than Britney Spears or Abba. A “secret” composer who has released music under hundreds of different names has been identified as Sweden’s most-listened-to artist on...
  2. DanielT

Audio plugins, DSP software that imitates the sound character of some Reel-to-Reel Tape Recorders

Please note this is neither something I know anything about nor will I buy BUT I was curious about it. Are these audio plugin something that is in demand in the professional studio world? Those of you who know more about this, please tell me/us. See...
  3. DanielT

Bad Album Covers (and what the records sound like)

I thought this video was entertaining and if you also wondered what it sounds like, here are some samples from those records::) This one, for example, sounds exactly as you would expect. Funny::D
  4. DanielT

2023 Parts Express [Speaker Design Competition]

I am posting the videos I found about it. I just started checking them out. This will be fun to see what the DIY participants have to show this year.:D Feel free to comment on what you see.:)
  5. DanielT

Importance of replacing the electrolytic capacitors in any vintage gears

Quote from this part of the article below. In that link you can see how the values of the capacitors were measured and how much they deviate from spec/tolerance. The question is whether it is possible to generalize and say this: As one can see from the test results about 30% of all original...
  6. DanielT

Buy something now on Black Friday? Maybe a big thick rug?

At least that's what I'm thinking about.:D I put this thread under the Member Area so suggest what you want, doesn't have to be HiFi. Offers differ in different countries, but it's fun to give tips so that others can get ideas and inspiration. Tips for example on comfortable listening armchairs...
  7. DanielT

250 Greatest Guitarists List from Rolling Stone Is Perfect!

In fact, it was exactly my thoughts, as Robert also has in the video below, that is, the Rolling Stones must have deliberately not included some obvious guitarists plus changed the raking order with the intention of creating clique bait. Or, it could be that that hypothesis is not true. What do...
  8. DanielT

Vive la HiFi Français, France!

Alors on visite la France ? Maintenant, vous, Français, pouvez nous parler de bonnes marques HiFi, de Français célèbres dans le domaine de l'audio, peut-être de quelques inventions en matière de HiFi et de son et de choses générales en provenance et à propos de la France. Je suis curieux.:D So...
  9. DanielT

Vote: Algorithmically imprisoned?! Have auto-generated playlists changed the way you listen to music?

In my case, yes. A while ago on my Spotify, a new list: Indie Mix. A playlist generated, I assume, a bit of what I listen to and similar music, songs I haven't played that were automatically added to that list. At the moment, that's the list I listen to the most. Really fun discovering songs you...
  10. DanielT

For Thunderbolt (4) devices. USB-C head-to-head comparison.

Here a study carried out on USB-C cables. There seems to be a difference if you search extra-high-speed data transmission. Not that I know if I personally need extra-high-speed data transmission. In fact, I can take the opportunity to ask the question, when do you need the Apple Thunderbolt 4...
  11. DanielT

Michelin Guide bistro offers a slice of Genelec

Now I feel like going to a restaurant. Currently I'm only 150 kilometers from Oslo, so going there is no problem for me but I suspect it's a rather expensive restaurant. Sure really good food...and sound...but expensive.:) What do you think of this speaker system: Villa Heftye opts for an...
  12. DanielT

Appropriate crossover frequency with down firing driver in three-way speakers

Smart, I think, to use the floor as bass support BUT since these bass drivers will be part of a three-way solution, there should be a suitable upper limit for how high up in frequency they should operate. What do you think this limit is? Different slope on the crossover, up to 24 dB, bass-mid...
  13. DanielT

What is it in old amplifiers, receives that smells?

Have you experienced that otherwise functioning old amplifiers and or receives can emit a special smell? I can't put my finger, or nose, on exactly describe that type of smell. Kind of smelling warm old electronics.It sort of smells of its age and I know vaguely described.It's not a smell that...
  14. DanielT

How does the monitor function work on this receiver?

I read HK's description but it doesn't make me much wiser. Purpose of the monitor function, that is. Listen a second after recording, what purpose does it serve? And why is this switch depressed? (on the tape recorded):oops: This function is not something I will use, but I am still a little...
  15. DanielT

Is the best Bluetooth Transmitter as good as cables for Spotify?

Bluetooth with LDAC transmitter, which I think is the best Bluetooth transmitter, right? VS Spotify played with cables (between computer-external DAC) and then the best possible SOTA DAC. Do you think you can hear any difference in the sound then? Maybe someone tested and compared?
  16. DanielT

Why All Products Look The Same

A little video about that. I think a lot of what he says about modern design trends makes sense. I say that without being a professional designer, BUT you see the modern design trend on a daily basis, even as a layman.
  17. DanielT

No Room Acoustics. What do you think about listening to music outdoors with a HiFi system?

I came up with one thing, instead of mowing the grass and painting the outdoor furniture, I can try setting up a couple of speakers and listen to how it sounds without reflections from any roof, back and side walls. They stand directly on the lawn. Some conclusions. Well, it's a special...
  18. DanielT

John Cleese is forced to cut famous Life of Brian scene about men having babies from his new West End show

It was not unexpected. But damn how easily offended people seem to be these days.:oops: What do you think of this removal? Cleese told an audience at his one-man show last week that when the scene (co-written with the late Graham Chapman) was performed at a read-through for the new show in New...
  19. DanielT

A new Dire Straits (inspired) song, written with the help of ChatGPT

Fascinating. What do you think of the result?:) Laszlo Buring's answer to the question what he and ChatGPT created:
  20. DanielT

What type of cables for Neutrik XLR connectors?

I came across a number of unused male and female Neutrik XLRs on the used market. Excellent, I think. Now I have the freedom to choose the length of the cable myself.:) BUT Neutrik does not recommend the type of cables to be used with the connectors, so what can you advise? Not, not advise...
Top Bottom