Search results

1. killdozzer

Old Synology NAS > Ancient Stereo Amp

It's been an ordeal (lasted much longer than my last couple of questions in the other thread)! IMPORTANT: Don't update the NAS!!! - this is where I'd like to start because it all comes to this later on. Version 7.2 changed and different steps may be required IF it can be done at all. It's...
  2. killdozzer

Sometimes you loose a film... Can anyone help?

Turn of the century movie, I think made for TV, it featured black, small drones with fan-like propeller engines. They could stay in the sky above a city for a limited time and they were supposed to control crime, but of course were abused to assassinate the unwanted figures. I vaguely remember...
  3. killdozzer

Not streaming but buying digital online for keeps

I'm again looking for some recommendations. If anyone knows a good site where you can purchase FLAC digital files TO OWN (no music renting, please), could you please recommend me some? So the idea is to have it like any other web shop. You browse a catalogue and when you see something you like...
  4. killdozzer

R.I.P. NRG Radio

This was one of my favorite radios. Couldn't count all the new songs/artists I discovered on this radio station. Long time ago it used to be called The Music Machine (I liked that name), after it switched to NRG Radio. It used to feature two easily understandable channels for on-line streaming...
  5. killdozzer

Give me an opinion, what to choose?

My life changed a bit and I'll be spending spring and summer away from my home working. I want to get some basic equipment, just an amp and a pair of speakers so I can enjoy music. I'm going for very cheap second hand and I'm trying to make the best out of it. Here I'll post three pairs with...
  6. killdozzer

Boston Strangler's latest victim

I was suffocated by this movie's sheer stupidity... I don't know. I wanted a reality check, so I'm writing this to see do other people notice this or am I making too much of it. It looks like tik-tok's list of "feminism" bullet points. It's so shallow and superficial. It fails to deliver any...
  7. killdozzer

Where does the sound come from?

Is it possible that all I hear comes from this small center hole? Since the mash protected opening ends up facing almost forward when they sit in your ear auricle.
  8. killdozzer

Rating rtings.com

What are your opinions, are reviews at rtings trustworthy?
  9. killdozzer

How loud do you like your music?

I'm interested in how loud you enjoy your music. For this purpose I propose A weighted, slow SPL measuring. I'm also proposing a clean, well produced song that is not bass heavy to avoid subjective impressions of low frequencies (Hey Nineteen - Steely Dan). Since music material varies in dB, I...
  10. killdozzer

Let's get honest with SPL

If you measure, what is the SPL at your listening position? This has often been mentioned here and there, but I'd like to compile it and under the same criteria for everyone; only if you have an SPL meter and you measured at your listening position. I have to compare your answers, it's strange...
  11. killdozzer

Remotes, remotes, remotes...

(for European members) I'll try to make this a careful recommendation. There are some pros and cons. You decide. If judging by the ads all around the world, remotes get lost at an amazing rate. For some older audio units, it's often hard to find a replacement and sellers use this fact (abuse...
  12. killdozzer

Looking for the Mamas and the Papas

Please recommend some releases where you think the sound is good on The Mamas & The Papas recordings. Still haven't found anything quite satisfactory.
  13. killdozzer

Help the diagram/acaly challenged

Is it possible to make a valid assumption about sound from block diagrams (or some other diagrams, perhaps)? Summary of most of our chit-chats on sound signatures usually boils down to; it's not impossible to make gear with sound signatures, but it's not welcomed or particularly useful...
  14. killdozzer

My first Japanese Souffle Chessecake

Thinking of pairing it with Moscato Giallo. The original pic got lost.
  15. killdozzer

Please help - Some lagging where there should be none

As the title say, I expect no problems and this is why I don't know where to start looking for the problem. In short, my system works like this at the moment: NAS (with ripped CDs on a SSD) - Wirelessly to my laptop - 3.5 out to the Amp. (It will change in time, but this is it at the moment)...
  16. killdozzer

Auralex MoPADs - any experience?

They are not the cheapest piece of foam out there, so I'd like to hear what you think. t.akustik ISO-Pad 6 comes at half the price. Do you think Auralex decouples that much better or is it the brand fame? (THE USE: My brother bought bookshelves, but his space is organized so that he can't...
  17. killdozzer

Clipping & Underpowered Speakers

I'm interested in something quiet specific; is there such a thing as speakers NOT getting enough power to perform as they should*, but amp NOT going into clipping? (*As they should according to their own specs, not some unrealistic expectation.) Is this possible? Or is it that if speakers...
  18. killdozzer

Some inconvenient stories about Spotify

I don't want to step on anyone's toes, but this was alarming to watch: I wanted to share and see if anyone can corroborate or debunk. I am also interested in your views, opinions, thoughts...
  19. killdozzer

Any advice on Quad 12L2?

I hope it's OK to ask this in a general audio thread. I have some experience with Quad. I auditioned a smaller sibling of the speaker from the title (11L2) and, of course, we all know the fame of their ESL line of products and some very good early amps (one of those very accurate tube amps as...
  20. killdozzer

How good is the sound in cars really?

I've seen some threads on car stereo, but didn't find what I wanted to ask members here. This idea of sound in cars being reference-level completely eluded me. When I got back in audio, most of my sources were on the side of sound in cars being dreadful, very hard to set up, full of real...
Top Bottom