Search results

1. Davide

Final REW measurements, opinions?

Dear users, I state that my system is the one in the signature. I've recently been struggling a bit with Dirac Live due to some issues related to it. I discovered that when measuring at high sample rates the IR it detected was completely wrong, although it sounded satisfactory. Taking...
  2. Davide

Balanced interconnection and ground

Hi everyone. I'm modifying the case of my amplifiers to make it more compliant with safety and signal integrity requirements. However, a doubt has arisen that I can't dispel (I'm not a great connoisseur of electronics). Bruno Putzeys wrote a paper for Hypex about the famous ground. The...
  3. Davide

Device suggestion for resampling

Hello people, in my setup I have the Wiim Mini as a source for streaming services, connected to the toslink input of the Uktralite Mk5. It's extremely practical with Spotify because it has a fixed sample rate of 44.1khz, but with other services where the sample rate is varied it's a pain in the...
  4. Davide

Loudsoft FINE Circle (Speaker Design Tool)

Link I found this 3-part article which gives an overview of the FINE Circle software used for speaker design really interesting. I didn't find it shared on ASR so here it is. What do you think?
  5. Davide

Stereo widening plugin

I've been experimenting with the Nugen Stereoizer plugin on my listening system for a few days. Sometimes I happen to switch Dirac Live off and although the frequency response gets worse, as does the definition, the soundstage is always bigger and more exciting maybe. So I wanted to try to apply...
  6. Davide

Hypex NC252MP pop sound from tweeters when turned off

Hi everyone, lately I've noticed that when I turn off my NC252MP (DIY) it produces a pop from the speaker tweeters. It's not particularly strong but I'm worried it might be DC and ruin something at some point. These modules have a PS Enable PIN which in theory allows you to go from standby to...
  7. Davide

Help with subwoofers cut off

Hi everyone, I finally made my two DIY subwoofers operational, made in the following way: Driver: - Scan Speak 30W/4558T00 Box: - Acoustic suspension design (Vas/Vb=3.1) - 30mm MDF walls + 19mm internal bracing - 463mm baffle width (perfectly cubic shape) - 60 litres net internal volume (very...
  8. Davide

Soundprism. Any opinion?

Looking around for speakers based on Purifi drivers I came across this Dutch manufacturer. They have some curious technical solutions that have never been seen around (at least to me). In particular the baffle suspension system and the Airblade tweeters (discontinued to unknown production...
  9. Davide

Plug bass reflex port... heating problems?

Hi everyone, I have a question that is baffling me. I have bookshelf bass reflex speakers, which I don't know if due to proximity to the wall or port leakage, I much prefer with the ports plugged. From frequency response measurements they are also a bit flatter below 700Hz. I have two subwoofers...
  10. Davide

Manufacturers and dealers of acoustic treatment materials

Searching the forum, I didn't find very useful commercial information, at least for Europe. I'm looking for some finished products to treat my room, like Gik Acoustic stuff, but I see online there are loads of manufacturers and resellers. Many of them report very vague technical information or...
  11. Davide

Is it my system or does this song have distorted bass?

I have a system that has just been set up and I don't have many references to understand if certain distortions at low frequencies are in the song or in my system. How do the bass of this track sound, for example, on your system? I listen to it from Spotify and Amazon Music, not YouTube, which I...
  12. Davide

Tool that suggests optimal position for speaker?

Hi everyone. As we know, the effect of the room is decisive in the quality of the perceived sound, far beyond the quality of the audio system. Which raises a problem, difficult to solve. We are witnessing the constant diffusion of AI and therefore the question arises spontaneously. Is there any...
  13. Davide

Advice between Kef R3 Meta or Buchardt S400 MKII ?

Hi everyone, I'm about to build a new home system and I'm evaluating several speakers around 2k€. Based on the measurements I narrowed it down to the Kef R3 Meta and the Buchardt S400 MKII. Comparing the two loudspeakers in a blind test is almost impossible so I would like to understand if...
  14. Davide

FS HYPEX NC252MP module with harness

Location: ITALY For sale Hypex NC252MP power module with interface cables and thermal pads replaced with better ones (14 w/mK), in order to increase heat dissipation and reduce PCB bending. Price: 250 euros If you are interested in pure functionality, I also sell the finished amplifier in an...
  15. Davide

FS: NHT C3 (pair)

Location: ITALY For sale, NHT C3 loudspeakers purchased new in June 2021 from an official Italian dealer. Selling due to moving house and furniture. In perfect condition, complete with grilles and original packaging. Price 750 euros
  16. Davide

Subwoofer driver gasket, how to choose?

Hello everyone, I'm completing two subwoofers and I have to make the gasket to be installed on the driver support flange. The main function, being a sealed sub, is to seal. And so far it is easy to identify a material. What is more difficult for me to understand is which properties to look for...
  17. Davide

Amp output shorted

Hi guys, simple question. Class D amp with speaker terminal accidentally shorted (positive and negative of same channel), then amp turned on, but it was not connected to any source, so no signal played from amp (30 seconds about). Could it be damaged? Is it safe to test it with speakers?
  18. Davide

Noxtak EMF Reduction Technology (?)

Hello everybody, I recently came across this site, mentioned in an article about electromagnetic radiation from hybrid and electric cars. This looks like a new technology to selectively reduce EMF levels (spikes), with purported health benefits. They also have a brand, Spiro, with various...
  19. Davide

Acourate Cleaner - Is it effective?

I recently discovered this piece of hardware sold by Acourate, the well-known company that makes the audio toolbox used to create state-of-the-art DSP filters. I can't understand exactly how it works, but I believe the concept is to equalize the distortions between the left and right channels...
  20. Davide

GPU Audio - the future of DSP?

Recently I was delighted to discover the birth of this new company (link below) that is developing an audio DSP platform based on GPU (PC graphics cards). The benefit is given by the enormous parallel computing power of modern graphics cards, which have libraries and languages to let them do...
Top Bottom