Search results

1. PolkFan

Sennheiser 800 HD still the best neutral openback for $1000 used?

So for the past 6 months+ i haven't touched my headphone amp or dac as i have been listening to my Polks but last night i started to feel a bit depressed and stuff so i figured why not try my AKG 712 Pro's again. By god they smack the crap out of my Monitor 70's in mids so i was wondering is...
  2. PolkFan

How loud is 1W? Do you need 500W on a 250W RMS Speaker?

I found this to be interesting as i'm doing some research and advise is all over the place and you can tell a lot of it is coming from like the old days of amps. I always wondered if i was underpowering my Polks and i guess the issue was less important then i thought
  3. PolkFan

100% Free way to lift center speaker from table

Hi so i have a 5.1 sound system but i have this center speaker(2 6.5 inch mids & 1 inch tweeter) on a table and i know it's making it sound kind of muddy a little over it i wanted to know if you guys have anyway of giving me some kind of help? The thing i was hoping to do a DIY super easy kind...
  4. PolkFan

AccuEQ Set Subwoofer distance really close

Hi so i have a Onkyo Receiver with AccuEQ and it seems like it set my Subwoofer as the closest speaker in the room despite it being the farthest away is this normal? I know its normal for the receiver to set the sub typically further away but i never seen it set something closer i will note...
  5. PolkFan

I do not have a tri-pod for AVR setup

Hi i really would like to know what others use when you lack a tri-pod i tried several things but who knows if it sounds right. I even used a box fan and put the mic on top of that lol its plastic so i figured why not and it was at ear level perfectly. What can i use i'm even thinking about...
  6. PolkFan

RANT Wish budget -350$ receivers had pre-outs for front speakers

For real it drives me nuts lol that i see so many budget receivers come with pre-outs for Zone B(Which i will never use) like WTF why not allow that to be used for the front speakers instead? Instead units are getting so expensive you basically have to spend 1000$ just to get that feature. If...
  7. PolkFan

Denon products simple OSD question

All i would like to know is a modern Denon do you have to use the OSD if you are just planning on using the optical input and have it connected to a PC? My current Pioneer lets me do everything from the display on the receiver including the useless MCACC setup I would still like to set up the...
  8. PolkFan

FM & AM Radio Tuner

So basically the more i keep thinking what i need is a really good $100-$50 AM & FM tuner with a coaxial antenna out and a optical or coaxial digital out that i can feed into my Modi 3 dac I want to build a beast FM & AM antenna for fun right now i have this troll dipole wire antenna that i...
  9. PolkFan

Onboard audio on "Premium boards" AKA 7mW max

https://www.igorslab.de/en/big-real-world-test-with-three-x570-motherboards-in-a-closed-pc-the-truth-about-voltage-regulators-fans-temperatures-and-the-onboard-sound/5/ "All of the tested boards didn’t stain themselves with fame, even though the performance of the ALC 1200/1220 is hardly to be...
  10. PolkFan

How can this be considered neutral?

I always wondered how headphones that are claimed to be neutral like the 6xx and AKG K702's when they have measurably recessed sub bass? I'm no bass head but i always wondered that in the headphone world? Am i the only one who shares these thoughts?
  11. PolkFan

How to get 7.1 audio on ALL headphones using this guide!

I have been trying for weeks to find a way to get my AKG’s to do virtual surround for gaming and movies. I finally got it to work and it works so well that I felt like making a guide for other people! This works for ANY pair of headphones and is 100% free to do. It involves installing HeSuVi...
  12. PolkFan

Headphones with the best sound stage 3 Questions

I owned several pairs of headphones but i pretty much started on AKG's K7XX and i refuse to ever get a pair that doesn't have the same sound stage or even bigger due to me watching movies and playing games on them just as much as i listen to music. 1. My question is this for under $400 what...
  13. PolkFan

What does this mean on this sites reviews?

Ok i know what it is now lol sorry its late but why is their distortion even when its barely in use? Very new to measurements.
  14. PolkFan

2$ DAC vs $2000 DAC Old article but very interesting!

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/high-end-pc-audio,3733.html I found this article to be a good read and its quite interesting how strong confirmation bias is in the audiophile community! I remember when i was a kid i had a old Celeron PC(2003) from Walmart didn't even have a AGP slot...
  15. PolkFan

ATOM Dac Coming very soon!

Just emailed JDS labs 2min ago and they replied back talk about the best customer service in the world Can't wait for the Atom DAC as i plan on buying both it and the ATOM AMP as a upgrade to my current but dated objective 2+ODAC Rev B combo.
  16. PolkFan

Audiphile Powerstrip!! Grab yours now for just $700

https://www.essentialsound.com/power-distributor-accessories.htm We should test this if i had the money i'd get it and have one of you pro's test it out! Improves Clarity & Resolution Reveals The Total Harmonic Pallet With Natural Warmth Eliminates Ear Fatiguing Distortions Reduces or...
  17. PolkFan

Atom AMP a noticeable upgrade from the O2?

Due to this evil virus i have been stuck inside kind of bored and wanting to play with some knew toys i really want to see if getting the new Atom Amp would be worth it? I currently own the DT 770's 80ohm AKG k7xx and my newly ordered K712 Pro's that should be here later this week. Also new...
Top Bottom