• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audiphile Powerstrip!! Grab yours now for just $700

PolkFan

Forum Donor

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
We should test this if i had the money i'd get it and have one of you pro's test it out!

The Pros have better power strips to test:

HB Cable Design PowerSlave Marble Statement Power Center
$16,500.00

Last edited:

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I still think a fake YouTube audiophile test channel would be a great idea.

You could have an animated dolphin or Golden Retriever raving about the higher highs and lower lows form their new power cables...

OP
PolkFan

PolkFan

Forum Donor
The Pros have better power strips to test:

I want to simply take measurements using my power watt meter that i have to monitor how much power my PC is using.

Had a crappy power switch for 6$ and it read 59-60hz and 125V under little load same thing with my new 50$ one that claims to clean up the signal.

wwenze

Major Contributor
I want to simply take measurements using my power watt meter that i have to monitor how much power my PC is using.

Had a crappy power switch for 6$ and it read 59-60hz and 125V under little load same thing with my new 50$ one that claims to clean up the signal.

I have seen people claim higher FPS from better power cables.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Harmonic pallet? WTF is that? Something musical freight companies use? :) You'd think they could at least get word salad phrase right :)

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
Thank you for this horrifying BS.

Didn't see the video, but they gave me the spiel at AXPONA a few years ago. Their big deal was that all the wires to the plugs were the same length, "ensuring coherence." I hate incoherent mains power, it confuses the music.

wwenze

Major Contributor
Didn't see the video, but they gave me the spiel at AXPONA a few years ago. Their big deal was that all the wires to the plugs were the same length, "ensuring coherence." I hate incoherent mains power, it confuses the music.

That's a common misunderstanding. You have to consider the entire length i.e. mains to power amp chip vs mains to DAC to power amp via signal cable needs to be the same length.

scott wurcer

Major Contributor
Audio Luminary
Technical Expert
That's a common misunderstanding. You have to consider the entire length i.e. mains to power amp chip vs mains to DAC to power amp via signal cable needs to be the same length.

Right.

OP
PolkFan

PolkFan

Forum Donor
Hey it's April 1st. What else have you got ? :)

Let me think of crazy things people will come up with then google it to see if it exists haha we should do this like once a month or something.

Some old myths
Hard drives cause jitter
1000$ Audiophile Ethernet cables
I wonder if there is audiophile paint? I guess i could argue that it might reduce vibrations.

"I have experimented with different colors in listening rooms. It is my observation that certain colors change the reflections of the high and low frequencies differently. I have settled on a golden but dark brown which imparts a certain flavor to the sound which I can only describe as articulate but pleasing. The brighter colors have too much high frequency harshness and black is too dark in the bass. You made need to custom mix the colors for just the right effect. Good luck! "

Found that quick but thankfully it doesn't exist yet.............Guess i'm going to patent that next.

https://www.transparentcable.com/products/opus-speaker-cable

These audiophile cables cost $39,000 sadly only up to 25FT

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
How in the world do we account for propagation delay which varies thru each piece of gear? Seems all the various analog outputs have to be coherent system wide or power isn't in phase everywhere in the system. Maybe this is an idea for going one step further than the competition on audio power products. We'll need tunable cables to synch each bit of gear in the system.

wwenze

Major Contributor
Let me think of crazy things people will come up with then google it to see if it exists haha we should do this like once a month or something.

10 year anniversary of this thing

And I will acknowledge that NE5532 and NE5534 are "musical" opamps, since they have the highly musical numbers "5" and "3" in abundance.
smile.gif
Which is also the reason why I prefer (comparing apples to apples, i.e. plastic package to plastic package) the LME49723 and LME49725 to the other LME's with no 3's or 5's at all.
silly.gif
smile.gif

Dull!?
biggrin.gif
I would sat that the OPA627 or OPA827 (but also the LT1122 and OPA2107, interestingly all FET-input things) are "dull"; while the NE5534 is, certainly, lacking extension, ease in the upper midrange, definition, and ambience... but nothing like "dull". It's a warm-colored sounding opamp, typical of the "5", and luminous too, as typical of the "3".

https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/the-lounge/82610-sounding-dual-opamps-9.html

solderdude

Grand Contributor
opamps sounding 'compressed'.

How'z about the following test:
Use one source (music)
Make 2 similar opamp amplifier circuits (or followers)
In one path a very small value trimmer pot.
Put 1kHz sine in it.
Null the outputs.
Put music in the circuit.
Null it.
If one compresses there is an obvious difference in output signal.

Top Bottom