Search results

1. ezra_s

F1 Exhibition at Madrid (Sound Stage)

I was recently visiting the F1 Exhibition in Madrid. When I entered I noticed the quality of the music and racing sounds of the place was amazing. I must say I was pleasantly surprised when I looked up what I found these all over the place: Dozens of them, and soon I realized why I was so...
  2. ezra_s

Bring dust cap to original position?

So, one of my sons (punished for life now) decided to push a finger in the dust cap of the wooffer of my ELAC DBR-62 :facepalm: Any success bring this back out? Any tips hints or magic tricks to restore it?
  3. ezra_s

Steam Deck

Hello, I am not a fan of consoles, been playing games on PC always, and I am also an advanced Linux user and until recently I always tried to play my games in Linux (just recently I have become old and grumpy and using Windows more than usual). Until recently we just couldn't play all games...
  4. ezra_s

Looking for DAC + PREAMP for living room w PEQ and room measurement (22m2)

I am looking for a device or several to act as DAC + PREAMP + PEQ and ROOM Measurement capable. Not sure what do aim for without spending a fortune. The room is not too small (around 22 m2). I think minidsp SHD sounds as a clear winner for this. But any other ideas? Or even better any ideas...
  5. ezra_s

APx555 Audio Analyzer Unboxing

It seems GoldenSound has acquired an audio analyzer as well as the headphone load tester. In case anyone finds it interesting or worthy of discussion I post it here: PS: I havent found any reference to this anywhere else and also I can't access the user profile, in case this is out of...
  6. ezra_s

Moving mic and I got this

Using REW I tried the moving MIC method, pink noise and tried to get close to 85dB SPL, not sure if I did everything right but after settling down the responses would always be more or less like this. Can anyone make sense on how to deal with this responses in my room? The 60hz response is...
  7. ezra_s

Resonance Experiment

I came across this video about how resonances make patterns. Had never seen it so I'm quite impressed. Hope you like it. Amazing Resonance Experiment! - YouTube
  8. ezra_s

Weezer New Album "Ok Human"

Just noticed on Qobuz Weezer has just released a new album. They are adding "orchesta instruments" too to the songs. Enjoying it much so far! And for those fanatics about high-res , qobuz version sounds great to me and it is 24 bits 192khz. https://play.qobuz.com/album/lh9r54cq5kn0a
  9. ezra_s

What If want add my LP player to a pure digital setup.

I know it may not make too much sense but bear with me a little. So, I have: * RME ADI-2 DAC preamp/DAC (3 digital inputs, toslink, coaxial, usb) (2 analog outputs, XLR and RCA) * Behringer a800 amp (until I am richer) - xlr in * SB-1000 subwoofer - rca in * Pi with picoreplayer - toslink *...
  10. ezra_s

Curious to know your ROON hardware

I am quite happy for now with my rasberry pi3 with digi hat for streaming (the pi4 I mentioned originally by mistake acts as a nas with a usb3 hdd plugged and a few other things since pi4 is such a little beast), but I am seeing everyone and their mother talks wonders about Roon in here so I'm...
  11. ezra_s

Help a newbie taking measurements, save the kittens!

After the catchy claimer.. So, I got my umik-1, and also a subwoofer (SVS-SB1000), the sound is good to me, improvements can always be made I guess. Now I want to measure my room for the overall thing, that is Buchard S400 + subwoofer. Now, do I measure with sub on or without and then measure...
  12. ezra_s

1 Subwoffer for a small room

So, I'm thinking on getting a sub for my room as my self-given birthday present. My room is small, and my budget is limited so I want to buy a good subwoofer which can go as low as 20hz or so if possible, it probably will be the only one I may be able to buy in a long while, so I better do it...
  13. ezra_s

Songs you use to determine if a system sounds good

I recall when I got my last speakers, one of the first songs I used to compare with the old ones was: "You Make my Dreams" by Hall & Oates. When I first heared in the new speakers, the beats sounded muffled, the voice uninspiring and everything sounded really flat, and didn't make me chill...
  14. ezra_s

Do speakers change all that much after 100 hours of 'burn-in'?

I just found this video of "The audiophiliac" and Andrew Jones explaining scientifically what this "break-in" thing is. Seems it is still out of the oven (just published)
  15. ezra_s

Today I listened to this song and I am almost in tears

The song in question: "Echoes" by Rodrigo y Gabriela from their album "Mettavolution" from tidal: https://tidal.com/browse/track/104491858 --- Like many I am working from home, so I usually open the streaming app and select a calm playlist, today I selected accoustic guitar playlist. Gosh...
  16. ezra_s

Music Hall A35.2

Asking for a friend...;) Has anyone tried this integrated amplifier? Music Hall A35.2 I find it around 800€ in europe and it seems to have nice specs: Maximal power output (no distortion): 85W/8 , 125W/4 Minimal impedance: 160W/2ohm S/N: 100dB Frequency Response: 20Hz ~ 30KHz 0.5dB...
  17. ezra_s

Wrong redirect in this forum

There is an incorrect "html meta" redirect you guys probably want to fix: $ curl https://www.audiosciencereview.com <!DOCTYPE HTML> <html lang="en-US"> <head> <meta charset="UTF-8"> <meta http-equiv="refresh"...
  18. ezra_s

Is there a way to disable the "Select text" and reply feature?

Is there a way to disable the "Select text" and reply feature? I usually read selecting, it's one of those habits that grew on me without ever realizing and I can't get rid of because I do it unconsciously . Thing is most times I am reading a long post from someone my hand picks the mouse and...
  19. ezra_s

Looking for streamer, help!? [WENT for DIY!? with PI3 + PICOREPLAYER]

Hello, I am looking for a streamer with ethernet/wifi, good app interface to control it, which can do Tidal/Qobuz, in its highest resolutions and don't want to spend much If I don't have to since it is going to be plugged to a RME ADI-2 DAC through optical, so I don't need it to have a great...
  20. ezra_s

Hello!

I just subscribed after a while coming and going to these forums. I am not much into subscribing to forums but spending hours reading a specific controversial thread here convicend me I should stick around in a more "official" way. Not sure I can bring anything interesting here because like...
Top Bottom