Search results

1. S

" An American T-dropping conspiracy?! "

This started to become interesting to me in terms of audio because I thought I was hearing the t-sounds in many of his examples as he makes his points. Sometimes they're a bit soft, which may be all he's saying, but then I began to wonder if it's because he's old and his hearing isn't as good as...
  2. S

Are closed-back headphones more accurate?

I've generally been under the impression that open-back is what you want for listening to music accurately, without the reverberations caused by trapped the sound closer to the ear, but they are usually less bassy. I've noticed the Harman-influenced headphones by AKG, like the K371, are closed...
  3. S

Jan Daley - Sanyo TV Commercials Compilation (Spokesperson) - YouTube

I just love these disco Sanyo commercials :D
  4. S

Getting rid of scratchiness in a volume pot

I have a Sony headphone amplifier that's always had scratchiness when turning the volume knob and I tried getting some Deoxit some years ago, the kind that comes with a kind of nailpolish brush, not a spray, but I have trouble taking the amplifier apart, because of Sony's clever design in making...
  5. S

There are a lot of streaming services?

Sometimes I see a new show or movie advertised and it's only on Apple TV+ or Netflix, Hulu, Amazon. Are you supposed to subscribe to all of these services to keep up with the latest movies? I don't understand. I have no interest in subscribing to any of them. I would rather just pay $4 for the...
  6. S

how much do headphones and speakers affect people's music playing and singing?

Like the Sony MDR-7506, Audio Technica and HD-650 in this video , does it affect how people sing, or record, and play trumpets? Does it matter much? Are they more likely to sing their heart out if they can't hear themselves very well (don't have a very revealing headphone or revealing playback...
  7. S

What about animals?

Do they like a flat frequency response or do they prefer a bass boost?
  8. S

Why was Industrial Lights and Magic needed for Akira Kurosawa's Dreams?

I was watching Mary Poppins and I thought the scenes in the chalk painting looked just as good as the scenes of Van Gogh at the end of Dreams, where Martin Scorsese plays the artist: (76) Behind The Scenes of DREAMS w/ Akira Kurosawa, Martin Scorsese & George Lucas - YouTube But were these...
  9. S

confession

One time I switched up Kissin, a Russian pianist, with a Chinese pianist, switched their audio on YouTube and uploaded two differnet videos, with the switched audio, and people liked both but nobody said anything about it being the wrong audio, and the playing didn't even really match. The...
Top Bottom