Search results for query: kunchur

1. voodooless

Analysis of Paper on Measurements of RCA Cables by Kunchur (Video)

Do you really think we didn’t see this already in 2024? Read on from here: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/analysis-of-paper-on-measurements-of-rca-cables-by-kunchur-video.36800/post-1317834
  2. Keith_W

Why aren’t there more university level controlled tests?

Has everyone forgotten about Milind Kunchur? :D Nobody interested in "proving" that cables sound different?
  3. JSmith

Absolutely... a form for Kunchur & Jay to complete; JSmith
  4. René - Acculution.com

...not sure, but I get the feeling that he believes what he writes. Granted, it is a video, and not a journal paper, but he uses this example in a recent audioXpress article http://boson.physics.sc.edu/~kunchur//papers/Hearing-and-Audio-Part1--Freq-phase-and-time.pdf, without any more clarification.
  5. Audiofire

"Mr. Majidimehr has serious deficits in his understanding of key concepts:" http://boson.physics.sc.edu/~kunchur/Response_to_ASR_comments.pdf A response to this video thread by @amirm Hopefully some claims in the link that follow the scientific method, otherwise sorry for the inconvenience.
  6. SIY

I made a sample rate blind-test (192 vs 48)

...crank papers that fail replication and are taken seriously by exactly zero researchers not named "Oohashi" or one of his "students" keep coming up again and again with even more fanciful excuses. Maybe in some biolab, we could make a clone containing Oohashi and Kunchur's DNA and reach Peak...
  7. MarkS

Message to golden-eared audiophiles posting at ASR for the first time...

More pseudoscience from Kunchur. What an embarrassment for that journal (Applied Acoustics). Maybe Kunchur could first verify with level-matched blind listening tests with high statistics that "many" can actually distinguish amps with "no or low feedback" from high-feedback amps (which of...
  8. D

This is a big site and it will probably take a long while for me to dissect everything. So you don't agree with Kunchur? But he is a scientist with credentials? Otherwise he wouldn't be posting papers like this I'm assuming. So you do not agree with his conclusions or are you suggesting he is a...
  9. SIY

I hadn't seen it and I wish I'd had a chance to review it before publication. Since his basic errors have already been pointed out and he is clearly aware of them, continuing in that vein while deliberately ignoring the criticisms makes the dishonesty particularly egregious.
  10. Newman

Do a search of ASR for mentions of Kunchur. My favourite, link. Applies directly to you! ;) Amir did a video dissecting one of Kunchur's papers on cable sound, link. Covers similar presuppositions. Here is a listing of some of his errors on temporal resolution issues, offsite link. cheers
  11. C

...head, as the distance from ear to speaker and the distance ratio L to R constantly change ;) At the beginning of the article, Professor Kunchur writes: The problem is not that people do not understand or doubt the listed psycho-acoustic phenomena, but rather the lack of evidence of their...
  12. amirm

I keep getting asked to address the paper by professor Kunchur on his latest paper as promoted by a number of youtubers. There, he claims to have found correlated measurements for why different cable "grades" make an audible difference. So I put together a presentation detailing his testing...
  13. voodooless

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

Please don't quote any Kunchur :facepalm:
  14. olieb

I don't think he actually can believe what he writes. Kunshur's paper you link hinges totally on the classic "result" of Leshowitz about the differentiation of two 10µs-pulses 10µs apart versus a 20µs-pulse. Kunshur readily claims that this is due to the time resolution of hearing. But if you...
  15. voodooless

Please compare this dude to Newton :facepalm:. Don’t give him that satisfaction. For one, I don’t think Kunchur is crazy, while Newton most likely was. The way his (Kunchur) papers are constructed clearly shows how his ethics work. Being devious is something totally different to being crazy.
  16. VQR

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

My favorite physicists are the ones who don't understand choose to ignore EMI and make up 'psycho-physics.' ;)
  17. antcollinet

Complicated is not the same as valid. The title "scientist" doesn't convey an inability to publish bad science.
  18. C

Thanks for the link to the Leshowitz paper. Full agreement! It is downright ironic that Professor Kunchur emphasizes in the article how important the consideration of the time domain is for high-end audio (HEA), citing the "Two-Pluse threshold" as an example, where the time offset of the pulses...
  19. G

Kunchur's past papers have had errors (see @Newman's post above). He has shown in the past an agenda to try to prove standard measurements and double blind measurement technique inadequate to assess audio reproduction, and the language is there in the draft article again. He has made mistakes in...
  20. D

Has anyone looked at this paper from Kunchur? The Human Auditory System and Audio (April 28, 2023). https://ssrn.com/abstract=4437822 or http://dx.doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.4437822 In general, one of the main takeaways is that our human hearing is more acute than most measurement tools we...
Top Bottom